What's new

Girl scout stuff

kewpon addict

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Ok, So I signed DD up for Girl scouts...she would be in brownies since she is going into 2nd grade but the prices on the website are SCARY! I checked ebay and there might be a few options if other peeps don't buy them up but can anyone else recommend some other options for cheaper girl scout stuff...again, she would be in brownies...saw nothing at the local goodwill. TIA for any advice!

don't see anything. Did an advanced search of their website...not finding anything on uniforms or anything...did you buy it in the store itself and how long ago was this meowmeow?

I would check with the leader and see what they require before you rush to buy much. Most in my area only require a sash or vest (which isn't cheap, but is better then running out and getting a ton of stuff)

I have not been there in at least two years. I need to go there this year since my DD is now starting juniors. But I did buy her Daisy and Brownie stuff there. I am just assuming they still sell the stuff as I had not heard otherwise from her troop leaders.

don't see anything. Did an advanced search of their website...not finding anything on uniforms or anything...did you buy it in the store itself and how long ago was this meowmeow?

I would check with the leader and see what they require before you rush to buy much. Most in my area only require a sash or vest (which isn't cheap, but is better then running out and getting a ton of stuff)

Highly recommend asking troop leaders as some wear the vest, some weear the sash..... each have different troop numbers.... we receive a sheet showing us exactly what to purchase each time.

yeah, troop leader says they need the vest and preferably the sash as well...to start out...she says they prefer the whole uniform but to start w/could do vest and sash...honestly after looking on Girl Scout of USA website the vest itself is like 17.50 which is what she gave me a link to and the sash is 6.00...for that I could get someone else's stuff on ebay and get the whole outfit...it will prolly be a bit big as my DD is tall and skinny but if she really loves the scouts she can use this uniform again next yr. Ironically my mom found my sash w/all my patches on it and we will pick it up this weekend while we visit...I thought if worst comes to worst I can remove the badges from my sash and DD can wear that one. :)

Really? the leader wants you to buy the whole outfit? My dd has been a scout for 11 years and the only thing we have ever bought is the vest. The sash sounds good and all but you run out of room for the patches. One thing to note is that you really don't have to buy true girl scout clothing. You can get a white shirt and brown pants. Also, if money is an issue there IS financial aid available and at least for our council, they never spend what they have in the coffers.

For cub scout stuff there is always new with tags and cheap used stuff on Ebay. I've never looked for girl stuff on there but would assume there is some. I'd wait and see what other people are purchasing too before going crazy.

Just got the shirt, skort, and vest along w/a girl scout bag all NEW WITH TAGS on the bay for 29.50 total...It is prolly one size up from what she should be wearing based on the size charts online but she can grow into it. Here's hoping she is a part of it both this yr. and next....since they are so picky and all.

Good deal ....... see how everything worked out okay ...............

Back