What's new

Goldfish

Biteman

Expert Talker
Reaction score
Have you ever had a goldfish?

Would you like one?

I had one but i killed it when i was younger.

Goldfish are somewhat... Mundane creatures. Kinda just had one for no particular reason....

They can live for 30 years plus if they are taken care of properly. I wouldn't call that mundane IMO.

Dreamlander said:
They can live for 30 years plus if they are taken care of properly. I wouldn't call that mundane IMO.

That's... Cool I guess?  I dunno, I hope my goldfish have survived that long in the sewers.  Kek!

Selena said:
Dreamlander said:

That's... Cool I guess?  I dunno, I hope my goldfish have survived that long in the sewers.  Kek!

:crying: Fish are friends, not toilet trash!

Dreamlander said:
Selena said:
Dreamlander said:

:crying: Fish are friends, not toilet trash!

Indeed, most fish are friends.  But goldfish?  They simply exist as latrine fodder.

But goldfish are orange, second only to the color blue. Together they represent the colors of the greatest school on Earth.

Dreamlander said:
But goldfish are orange, second only to the color blue. Together they represent the colors of the greatest school on Earth.

That's most certainly not how you spell UC Berkeley.  Heh, I pity the school that shares their colors with a goldfish.

Selena said:
Dreamlander said:

That's most certainly not how you spell UC Berkeley.  Heh, I pity the school that shares their colors with a goldfish.

I pity the school that doesn't even have authentic colors. Last time I checked, UC Berkeley shares its colors with the other UCs.

Dreamlander said:
Selena said:
Dreamlander said:

I pity the school that doesn't even have authentic colors. Last time I checked, UC Berkeley shares its colors with the other UCs.

Hm?  They are authentic as can be, because which UC was founded and established first?  All the other schools just copied us.  Plus, even if there are only so many colors you can choose, I'm still surprised that your school chose orange.

What happened is that Illinois was founded in 1867, and the folks over in California thought that was such as good color combination but they couldn't copy Illinois, so they made it blue and yellow in 1868.

#truestory

Dreamlander said:
What happened is that Illinois was founded in 1867, and the folks over in California thought that was such as good color combination but they couldn't copy Illinois, so they made it blue and yellow in 1868.

#truestory

Well, whoever made that amazing choice should stand in bronze above the shores of Pike!

Most importantly because we have no relation to mundane goldfish now, haha!

Also, blue and gold, not the plebeian color yellow.

Selena said:
Dreamlander said:

#truestory

Well, whoever made that amazing choice should stand in bronze above the shores of Pike!

It looks a lot like yellow to me. ;)

Dreamlander said:
Selena said:
Dreamlander said:

#truestory

It looks a lot like yellow to me. ;)

Wait, if Berkeley has been lying to me and it really IS yellow... Does that mean...?  No...

98lZuGk.jpg

I've owned a few but they are more pond fish than anything else. If you are looking for a low maintenance fish try out betta fish, shrimp, or even other slightly bigger fish like mollies/guppies/zebra danios.

My hubby and I use to have a fish tank with some goldfish in it. We don't have it anymore, now we just have a dog.

haha, we got one from a fair about 2 years ago, amazingly it's still alive. Tripled in size as well.

Back