What's new

Green Bay's next opponent is...

barry

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The Philadelphia Eagles.

gee...wonder who'll win THAT one??? :shifty:

I cant wait....my dad and wife are both Packer fans. I cant wait to rub it in both of their faces!!!! mwhahaha! :lol:

whaddaya think BReal....50-3?

ok...31-9...I was close...

31-9. The Eagles decided not to show up until the second half this week.

31-9. The Eagles decided not to show up until the second half this week.

and...i think Fahvra's REALLY hurt. looked like a shoulder/collarbone. not that they're gonna actually WIN any games...but Rodgers will be better.

I bet Farve starts every game this year even as the Pack go further and further into the tank.

Mike McCarthy Press Conference

(How severe is Favre's head injury? Is it a concussion?)
There hasn't been a diagnosis yet, but it was his head and a stinger. We'll know more, but I think he's going to be fine

McCarthy doesn't want his first year to be about him sitting Farve for a qb that he himself is not sold on and who I personally think isn't starter material and certainly not carry the entire offense material. Farve will play on this season but will not be a Packer next year if he plays at all.

Farv's done. Whether he PLAYS or not...he's finished.

Favre will be QB at some other place next year. I think Favre still has 2-3 years in him. I'm surprised that he hasn't demanded to be traded to a contender yet. :)

Favre will be QB at some other place next year. I think Favre still has 2-3 years in him. I'm surprised that he hasn't demanded to be traded to a contender yet. :)

It would be dumb for him to demand a trade. As long as he wears that uniform Green Bay fans will revere him as a god. Plus with McNair in Baltimore now, there really arent any "contenders" with QB issues. Anywhere he goes hes going to have it about as bad as he has it in Green Bay.

Favre is not going to win another Super Bowl in Green Bay. The guy still has a cannon for an arm, someone out there would want him as one of their top two options at QB. He's a fierce competitor who wants to win, I would imagine he would want to go out as a Super Bowl winner before he retires.

The Rams could really use Favre's experience at QB. Marc Bulger is ok, but the Rams could be a whole lot better at QB. Gus Frerotte is average at best I'm afraid to say(He was bad with the Vikings, made too many costly mistakes). Favre struggles too much because he doesn't have the weapons on offense like he used to in the past(Guys like Antonio Freeman & Javon Walker to name a couple). Favre had players who could keep the defenses honest, now he has limited stuff to work with around him.

The Packers franchise is a huge mess. If I was Favre, I'll get out before things get any worse than they already are. :)

Even Favre can't save the Packers. They should start from scratch with a young QB, you're saving Favre from having a mental breakdown.

The Rams are not going to make a deal for Farve. He is at least 8 years older than Bulger and Bulger's QB rating has been better than Farve's for at least the last 3 years. I really don't think the quarterbacking is the Rams problem at the moment, and even if they wanted to make a change Farve wouldn't make it better.

But besides the Rams, I agree with BReal. No contender is going to make a deal for Farve to be their starter, and Farve won't go anywhere to be a back-up and at this point he isn't good enough anymore to make a bad team better with his skills.

Like I said earlier. Brett Farve isnt going to instantly make a team a contender. A team has to already have most of the pieces in place to be able to get it done, even with Farve. Most of the teams that have all of those pieces already together are pretty set with QBs. About the only team that would have an "opening" is Arizona. It doesnt look likely at al,l with them drafting Matt Leinart, that they would be willing to bring in another older QB to put in front of him. Even with Farve being light years better than Warner I dont see it.

What I see happening is that after this season or even next if he gets close enough to Marino's TD record, that Brett will walk off on his own terms. He already has a ring, sand 3 MVP awards so its not as if he's making a last ditch effort to cement his place in the game's history.

There's no reason for him to be a Johnny U. or Joe Namath and hang on just to hang on. Both of those guys were well past their primes when they finally decided to give it up. Im not even a Packer fan and I think it would be odd and also sad to see Brett Farve not playing in a Packer's uniform. Just as odd as it was to see Johnny U. in a Chargers' uniform, Joe Namath in a Rams', or Joe Montana in a Chiefs'.

Back