What's new

Gundamn: Side Story 0079

Foru2ctoo

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased this Dreamcast game and I know very little about the animation series. I will open it and play it day and night over the weekend and I'll give you guys what I think of it. So far, I know that it's played like Heavy Gear or Mech Warrior with a ****pit view. If you've already beaten the game, then pleae feel free to comment on the gameplay or replayability it has. Please, no spoilers.

I've played every single mission and I haven't beaten the game yet. The last battle is just plain unfair and downright difficult if not a bit on the impossible side. Maybe it won't be so hard if I switch it to EASY mode, but I'll only do that if I really want to win and see the ending.

The graphics are pretty good, but the fog is the most annoying graphic in the game and theres a whole lot of it. The cutscenes look very good and gives you a feel of the size of those Mobile Suits.

The control is difficult and it's not the best way to have it laid out, but the Dreamcast controller isn't the best controller made so there has to be some sort of controlling discomfort. The game makes full use of every single button and it would be much easier to control if the controller had just one more button.

Satisfaction is the second problem the game has. It's way too short despite the fun I had blowing up everything that moved. There's only nine missions and I was able to get through them all in less than 7 hours. The game does have a variation in the missions based on what objectives you completed, but that's just there if you are really bored and want to see the minor change in your next mission.

This is a good game, but it's too short. You'll have lots of fun playing this once you get the hang of it, but once you've gotten into it and want some more; that is where the fun ends. In the end, this is a fun game, but don't expect to be playing it longer than a week or two.

After my last post for this game I discovered that beating the game opens up a extra option in the main menu. You can select access to various options and weapons which increase the replay value of this game by a bit. If you like action games, then you should, at least, rent it.

Back