What's new

Harry Potter PoA

mthrlangl

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Yes. I was one of *those* people who went on opening night, wearing a Slytherin shirt ;)

Without going into spoilers, this was definitely the best of the series thus far. The cg is *much* better (especially Buckbeak!); the story is better; the camera work is better. The new Dumbledore fit into the roll perfectly - I think he even did a better job than the last one. The Dementors and Sirius and Lupin were all great.

The little girls and their father sitting behind us, though, were not great. Except for the one time when the theater was dead quiet, and she piped up with "SIRIUS BLACK!" when Gary Oldman came on the screen ;)

Um..yes.

/fangirl-ness

We are going today ... in 20 minutes. :nod:

lobo said:
We are going today ... in 20 minutes. :nod:
Just saw it ... :puke:

Don't like to speak about wasted money - really, I don't like HP books and movies about him. That's all.

Anyway, my snowies loved this movie. I do not know why :mad:

The Mad Mad Mad Mad World movie contains funny scene - rumble between englishman and americanishman. Just stupid scene with no violence, all injurities are result of accidental characters motion, and many-many loooosy words, like ... "Huh! All Your american economy will be ruined if they will stop producing bras!"

Why I memorized this moment? Cuz ... the scene of ultimate rumble in HP PoA is the exact copy of it. Yeah ... Sucks ... all movie is sucks ...

I belong to house Ravenclaw, and will be seeing the movie shortly - call it professional research if you must but I liked the books and the movies are okay.

saw it last night with BB
she of course loved it
i thought it was...... alright
i'm not a huge fan, and have never read the books, but i found the new directors style a bit... messy
i liked it, but i think i liked the previous 2 better

moonsee said:
but i found the new directors style a bit... messy
Yeah ... the word rubbish was used at least 20 times in different positions with different peoples ... like at flea market in Odessa.
I heared that next 2 HP movies will be done with previous director (Columbus)

Im not sure what to think. I loved the movie, but I walked out feeling like there was something missing. Not sure what, but there was definatly something. Ill get back to this if i remember what it was that I was thinking. Either way very very good and enjoyable.

Prox said:
Im not sure what to think. I loved the movie, but I walked out feeling like there was something missing. Not sure what, but there was definatly something. Ill get back to this if i remember what it was that I was thinking. Either way very very good and enjoyable.

There were quite a few scenes missing and/or in the wrong order (somewhat understandable since they had to make the movie fit/flow into a specific time allowance). I don't know if that's what was missing for you, though.

There were the missing scenes, some of which I think were very critical, or at least important to the overall story line of the books

minimal spoilers inclosed from this point forward

(now who made that map, and why does his patronus look like a stag now??). But I think it was the total set changes from the previous movies that threw me the most. I mean since when was there a big bridge you had to go over to get to Hagards hut? And the new aproach to costuming was wierd to. Im not saying these differences were worse, I liked the bridge, but it really really threw me. I kept waiting for stuff, but it either never came or was really poorly explained.

I never wanted to see anything about this francise avoided it like a pox but I finally saw the first movie on tv & it wasn't bad. now I don't want to see the third till I see the second. oh & the pc game for the first one was kinda fun

RANXEROX read the books, the movies are good but the books are by far the best part of the franchise.

Alright... if was rating this movie I would give it maybe 4 out of 5 stars.... but that's me!

I am a die hard Harry Potter fan... and have a HP site... anyways.... I started liking HP from the first mivie... then decided to read the books... which too me a total of two weeks to read all 5 books... the first time!

Now... don't get me wrong... if you have not read book 3 then you will leave the movie a bit perplexed on a few things.... I will not go into details at this time... but loads of things that are important to the HP story was left out! But... there were many things that were good about it too....

[Spoilers]
[Spoilers]

The Maurders Map was not fully explained.... which should have been... then the Patronus would of made more sense.... and it would of explained why Harry thought he saw his father when he casted his Patronus!
[/Spoiler]

Snape didn't have much of a role in this movie! Which was a heartbreaker since he is my favorite character. Also the new Dumbledore was ok... but he was nothing compare to the last one! Buckbeak was awesome... and the graphics did wonders for him!

Sirius Black... was casted perfectly! And I think Lupin was too! That's all I can think of at the moment... but I will keep an eye on this topic!

Back