What's new

Heading to Florida in August....

2dles

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have been searching the board because I know some of you live in FL and others have vacationed there but can't find what I am specifically looking for. I am heading to Florida the first week in August and am wondering if there is anywhere I should stop to shop or coupon hunt while I am there. I will have 1 friend with for the first 4 days and she is up for doing whatever so I know we are heading to Cocoa Beach and spending time in Orlando. We are going to Discovery Cove and Sea World. No Mouse house this time because it is just the girls this trip. Anything anyone can recommend we should check out while we are there? Thanks so much everyone!!!

We enjoy going to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. Another good place is Tarpon Springs. They have cute shops and an awesome boat ride out to the Gulf. The boat tour is called Sun Tours. Have fun!! I hope to head back down in March.

If you are doing any outlets in Orlando make sure to use their site(s) for some coupon/deals before you go. Publix has good coupons for groceries but is no Jewel!

I second the zoo in Tampa and Tarpon Springs is quaint and completly different (great Greek restaurants!). Are you staying in the Orlando area only or venturing to the east or west coasts?

I am near Clearwater. Beach and boat activities galore.

If you pass by Kissimmee on your way to Orlando, check the Publix there, they were teeming with coupon booklets last summer when we went there. BTW, be careful about speeding in Orlando. they have motorcycle cops everywhere and speed limit that I remember was 55.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation :)

We are heading down on July 31st and are driving to Cocoa Beach for Saturday and Sunday and then back to Orlando for a couple days until we have to be at the Gaylord Palms for the MOPS Convention on the 4th. Thanks for all the tips. I was hoping there were some of the bigger chain grocery stores I could check out. We will have a fige and microwave in our room at all the hotels so we want to pick up some stuff to eat and I will have to do a coupon/winetag hunt too. I have never been to Florida so renting a car and driving is a bit scary but I know we will be fine!!

I actully have doubles here so I am used to that. It would be super doubles or triples that would be cool to have. I only get that rush when the evil Kmart does doubles and that doesn't happen much anymore. I know they are your favorite Barb! =) i will look into it though before we head down. thanks!!

Hubby & I moved up here from Clearwater, FL 11 years ago. I must say that I am not of much use when it come to all things FL now as we never really get back there and when we do it is for family things so no sightseeing for us. I do know this though...Publix...Publix...Publix! Not only is it a great store to shop, they have, hands down, the BEST birthday cake and frosting ever! I used to get their frosting shipped to me but then realized how extravagent that seemed and how many lbs I was putting on. Tarpon Springs used to have Pappas restaurant...best greek salad ever. If near or headed towards Clearwater Beach, I suggest Frenchy's for lunch. Notice all my suggestions revolve around food...I guess there is nothing like the food of your youth. Oh, they also have sister store Albertson's there.

Have a great time.

Back