What's new

HELP! Need a good, honest mechanic

kewpon addict

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Took the car over to autozone because the check engine light is on and this sounds like a BIG issue...can anyone recommend a good, honest person in either Mchenry CO. or maybe Lake county or even in Southern WI, say Walworth Co. TIA for any advice.

My sister works for someone who is a good mechanic, very honest and upfront. She's uses his services herself and swears by him.

He's in Rolling Meadows though so not sure if that's too far for you.

If not I'd be happy to get the contact info for you!

What did they say it was? I went because my light was on and a lady said my MAIN computer was going....scared the poop out of me...went to SunnySide (by the way I love them) and they said, don't worry about it. The computer will reset, and it did, no problems and that was a long time ago. What kind of car do you have? Like I said, I love the guys over at Sunny Side.

Well I have a 2007 kia optima and sadly I have a yr. left to pay on this thing...I got it in 2009 and autozone said the code was p0011. So, when I googled that I got all kinds of possibilities...this is the problem with the web nowadays it's too hard to know for sure...thinking it could be the timing belt or the camshaft based on google but who knows? Is sunnyside still in business Bonnie? And Rita can you post or pm the info. on the guy in Rolling meadows...it's a drive but might be worth it if they are honest and do good work! Thanks ladies!

Yes, Sunnyside is still in Business....I started going there when all the Dealers started to close down. I have a Chrysler T&C, they are the only close dealer for me. I'm not sure if they will work on a KIA, but worth a call. They have hours on Saturday too. ...they have also given me a loaner car when they need my car longer. Good Luck.

See if any of the junior colleges by you have auto departments.

How many miles do you have on it, and has the timing belt been replaced?

Well I have a 2007 kia optima and sadly I have a yr. left to pay on this thing...I got it in 2009 and autozone said the code was p0011. So, when I googled that I got all kinds of possibilities...this is the problem with the web nowadays it's too hard to know for sure...thinking it could be the timing belt or the camshaft based on google but who knows? Is sunnyside still in business Bonnie? And Rita can you post or pm the info. on the guy in Rolling meadows...it's a drive but might be worth it if they are honest and do good work! Thanks ladies!

How many miles do you have on it, and has the timing belt been replaced?

70 some thousand and no it hasn't been replaced, and that is exactly what I'm worried about which is why I'm NOT driving it until I take it in on Mon. Thanks.

Antioch Kia is amazing and price wise will match or beat anyone, they actually picked me up and my car from a place in RLB I was told would do my brakes for a fair amount and then once apart they tripled it and then told the guy off for taken advantage of people. Oh they will take other's coupons also:cartwheel:

Back