What's new

Help Wanted

Matt Carr

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
EDIT:

NEW

Gaming XS has re-launched with Version 2 and we're in need of more staff for all sections, especially the new PC Hardware and Handheld sections.

If you want more info then go to this page (Will add link shortly).

OLD

As you know, Gaming XS has just launched and we're currently low on content and the staff to provide that content. We are looking for writers for all our sections, PC, XBox, Playstation 2 and Gamecube.
The two main types of staff we need are Content Editors and News Editors. Basically, the difference between these two is that Content Writers write reviews, previews, editorials and features and News Editors write the news articles.

We're looking for talented writers with a strong interest in gaming. Content Writers are expected to publish at least one (1) article every two weeks at a minimum and News Editors are expected to update with at least ten (10) news articles every week. Lenience will be shown on these numbers depending on the situation (more commonly with News Editors).

Both these positions have promotion prospects and the possibility of future benefits, the most desirable of which being free games, E3 tickets, interviews with developers/publishers, etc. Those are only possibilities and can not be guaranteed.

Previous experience in writing for a web site and web coding skills are a plus, but not required. For more information either reply to this thread or email jobs@gamingxs.com or me at mc_gamingxs@hotmail.com. You may also send a sample review, preview or editorial (for a Content Writer position) to the previous addresses.

I am intrested in being a content writer for both Gamecube and Xbox. I own and have know alot about both systems for a long time. If you need me to review a game I dont have, I am willing to rent it. I am sure I will be able to review at least one game every two weeks as I rent a game about in that time and also I have my own games to review. I hope you consider me.

marioman

Content writers can also be Guides Editors,so if you accomplished serveral games,and would be willing to write a walkthrough for us.We will be more than happy to consider you,just gives us a contact.

Marioman..give us a preview,and we will get back to you ASAP.Thank you.

Yes Marioman, write a review, preview or editorial, send it to me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Ok here it goes ill write a review on Super Mario Sunshine. I don’t know your review format so for this one I’m just going to use my own.
Mario has been a big name in video games since way back when Nintendo’s first system came out in the 80s. Even if you haven’t ever played a video game most likely you have still heard of Mario. But does that mean all his games will be great? The answer is no.
Mario Sunshine starts by showing you Mario and Peach in a plane riding to an island ready for a vacation. But at that very time a strange person dressed like Mario covers the whole island with sludge. The islanders think it’s Mario and he is forced by them to clean up the sludge before he can continue his vacation. That’s were you the player come in you must Clean up the sludge and make the island bright again by collecting things called "shine Sprites".

Gameplay
The gameplay is very simple to learn but that doesnt by any means make this game easy. Basically you must collect shines, to help you on your way you will find 4 diffrent extra nozzles, Regular Nozzle, Hover Nozzle, Turbo Nozzle, and Rocket Nozzle. Each of which will be required to collect. The game will take you from world to world with your objective in each world to collect all 7 Shine Sprites and a bonus Shine Sprite for collecting 100 coins in each world. Problem is there’s only 7 courses unlike its counter part Super Mario 64s 15. There are only 7 courses because in Mario Sunshine many of your Shine Sprites will come from blue coins you collect in the worlds and in the main village. Collecting the blue coins isnt actaly that fun.
Overall Gameplay Score: 8.5

Sound
The game has some good sounds. The music you hear throughout the game is all in the tropical theme. It isn’t great music but it blends in well. The water is one thing very well done in this game. You can actually hear the water like it was coming up to the sandy shore as if you were really there.
Overall Sound Score: 9.0

Graphics
The graphics aren’t actually this games strong point but there nice nonetheless. Mario and all the other characters look fine. The courses are all very bright and colorful going along with the games tropical theme. Basically the game has good graphics but there is one detail that looks excellent and that’s the water. The water looks basically just like it would out on the ocean the water affects are just wonderful.
Overall Graphics Score: 8.7
Overall
Overall this game is easily worth playing. Most anyone can learn to play but also most anyone will find the game at least a bit challenging. It’s not nearly as easy as it would look. So if you have Gamecube and are looking for a good platformer pick this one up.
Overall Score (not an average): 8.3

Can I just send in a review even if I don't work on the site?

Originally posted by David
Can I just send in a review even if I don't work on the site?

The point in sending a review in is to gain a position on the site's staff. We aren't looking for freelance articles if that's what you mean.

Marioman the review was fairly good, maybe a little short, but the extra aspects of the Gaming XS review method would make it longer. Few mistakes and a fairly good flow. I'll email you shortly and can everyone else that wants to apply please email me and not post an article here.

Well, I work at http://nintendonow.com as a Senior Editor and I just thought that I'd send in the occasional review here...but whathever, if you don't want them then I won't send them in.

Maybe at a later date, but right now we're more focused on getting dedicated staff for the site to ensure plenty of content for the future than a bit of content here and there.

Originally posted by Matt Carr

Marioman the review was fairly good, maybe a little short, but the extra aspects of the Gaming XS review method would make it longer. Few mistakes and a fairly good flow. I'll email you shortly and can everyone else that wants to apply please email me and not post an article here.
Yea it wasnt as long as it could of been. Proplem was I was gonna be late for school if I took anymore time.

I am interested in becoming a contact writer for Playstation 2. My family works for Sony so I feel I could accomplish that. If you need a sample of a review that I could give you, Ill gladly email it to you. Just email me with any added info.

Originally posted by Volt
I am interested in becoming a contact writer for Playstation 2. My family works for Sony so I feel I could accomplish that. If you need a sample of a review that I could give you, Ill gladly email it to you. Just email me with any added info.

Just send a sample review over to mc_gamingxs@hotmail.com and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Ok, Ill email it ASAP. Just gimme a day or two.

I find myself to be a pretty good writer. I would be interested in the content part of PCs. I'll write up a sample review and e-mail it to you.

Hi, I also work at NintendoNow, and I would like to say that since it's run by only 14 year olds.. or umm, actually 17 year olds that I will now do nothing but send emails to Federation members to get them to come to XS instead. Sign me up!

pretty cool now lets see how many times we can say the f word in one reply...

Originally posted by mylilcracka44
pretty cool now lets see how many times we can say the f word in one reply...

I could fill up a whole page if you want me to. I mean, it isn't that hard. But on a serious note. Isn't that his signiture that had all the swear words and such in it? I dunno, maybe it was his post.

I'm interested in applying for the position of content editor for the Nintendo GameCube. I'll send you a review of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker sometime during the following days.

mc_gamingxs@hotmail.com is the email address, correct?

Back