What's new

History Repeats Itself?

Mozzie

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
We have all heard that saying. Has history have a habit of repeating itself? Have we been in this position before with technology, only to destroy ourselves again?

Their is a lot of evidence that says yes to this, historical writings and drawings pointing to a time where there were flying machines of all types and stuff we have now, these are thousands of years old, so how did these so called primitive people know what these machines did and looked like. I think it is more likely possible that at some point, the human race not only got to where we are are but surpassed this point at one stage

So are you suggesting that we may be encapsulated within an endless loop? Interesting, I thought about this a long time ago. Every time I ponder this topic, I also wonder about what happens after death... Does everything go blank and never turn on again? Is it like the moments where we close our eyes during sleep, not noticing anything until we wake up again, except that we never wake up again? Is it unconsciousness stretched to the infinite?

Or are we reborn into a different creature or era? Have I existed before?

So many questions that will probably never get an answer... Thinking about this hurts my head.

Those who fail to learn from history tend to repeat it's mistakes. America is a great example of this lately. Segregation started after the civil war. By the 1960s it was abolished. This year blacks are demanding Segregation. Same issue just turned upside down. Same consequences.

The old saying we learn by our mistakes, is the biggest disillusion quote ever i think, agreed we have never learnt from them and a fear we never will. I don't know if you would call it a loop we are stuck in, but going by very ancient civilizations and their drawings of things we have today, it amazes me. I don't believe in life after death but that's another debate lol.

I believe in the idea that says history repeats itself. However, I do not have any concrete evidence to prove it. My belief is based on the fact that everything moves in a cycle. I don't believe in the so-called "mystery" theories where people say that in the past, human beings were more advanced and they had better technologies.

Back