What's new

Holy ****! (baseball related)

Yeah, I'm going to miss hating on him. :giggles:

I wonder what Dave Duncan is going to do. Haven't they been together since the 80s?

Wow! Nah nah naaaah nah.............nah nah naaaaah nah...........hey hey hey...........goodbye!!! :choir:

Yeah, I'm going to miss hating on him. :giggles:

I wonder what Dave Duncan is going to do. Haven't they been together since the 80s?

I am pretty sure that Dave Duncan will retire too. :pout:

I really can't believe that Tony is calling it quits...apparently he made his decision back in August to retire. He is the guy that St. Louis loves to hate, but overall we really just love him. He has been with us for the past 16 years and it has been a great run. 2 World Series Championships and 9 post season appearances. We're really going to miss Tony! I can't believe that I am crying over this...

it's time.

i like new blood. hence, my 'fondness' for theo:snicker:

I really can't believe that Tony is calling it quits...apparently he made his decision back in August to retire. He is the guy that St. Louis loves to hate, but overall we really just love him. He has been with us for the past 16 years and it has been a great run. 2 World Series Championships and 9 post season appearances. We're really going to miss Tony! I can't believe that I am crying over this...

I would love to give you a hug and console you, but I can't stand the man. So I'll give you a :huggy: and say I'm sorry Tony made you cry. Yet another reason for me to hate him. :snicker:

I had an odd feeling he might retire. I asked my DH during the playoffs (after the Cards made it to the WS) if he thought Tony might retire. Who knows what he was thinking... it's obviously very stressful for him; he puts his heart and soul into baseball. I have to admit it must be nice to go out on top, though.

So you think Duncan is going to retire too? I know he's signed through next year, but I do like him and am kind of hoping he might be available...

Dave Duncan and Tony LaRussa go hand in hand. I believe at one point in time Dave Duncan said that he would only work with Tony and basically follow him wherever he goes.

I actually love Dave Duncan more than Tony, so that will be a super huge loss. There is some talk about Jose Oquendo becoming a coach which I think would be great for the team.

Tony isn't a warm, friendly, guy, but he does know baseball.

Dave Duncan and Tony LaRussa go hand in hand. I believe at one point in time Dave Duncan said that he would only work with Tony and basically follow him wherever he goes.

I actually love Dave Duncan more than Tony, so that will be a super huge loss. There is some talk about Jose Oquendo becoming a coach which I think would be great for the team.

I agree; I think the Cards' success had more to do with DD than TLR. But what the heck do I know.

Apparently Albert had asked TLR to sign a photo from his rookie year before game 6. Maybe TLR had insider info about Albert's intentions and that affected his decision to retire?

Come on. You can't hate him because he managed the Cardinals. It would be like hating Leslie Frazier for coaching The Vikings.

I won't really be sad if Albert goes. It seems like St. Louis pulls it together without the big guys. David Freeze is MVP of the World Series....would have never guessed that in a million years.

Come on. You can't hate him because he managed the Cardinals. It would be like hating Leslie Frazier for coaching The Vikings.

I hate him for the DUI(s?), for ignoring his wife when she was in the hospital, for turning a blind eye to steroids in his clubhouse, and for being an ugly mofo. It really has nothing to do with the Cardinals. :girl:

I hate him for the DUI(s?), for ignoring his wife when she was in the hospital, for turning a blind eye to steroids in his clubhouse, and for being an ugly mofo. It really has nothing to do with the Cardinals. :girl:

Haha, love it!

Back