What's new

Hong Kong Architect Turns Shoebox Apartment into 24 Rooms

Brandon

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Find out how an award-winning Hong Kong architect has managed to squeeze 24 rooms - including a home cinema and ''spa'' - into 344 square feet of apartment space.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-iFJ3ncIDo"]YouTube - Hong Kong architect turns shoebox apartment into 24 rooms[/video]

This is interesting if you're crammed for space, but I think it would piss me off more then anything..lol

Wow, the pullout rooms are cool, but I don't think I could live like that! That is certainly an interesting idea this guy had.

That's wt hong kong flat size. And it's cost is not cheap

Wow!
the idea is very interesting and his flat looks modern and comfortable, its a good decision for 1-room flats)

That's insane! It would be really interesting living there. This may sound lazy, but the thing I'd get most tired of was having to manually move the walls around. If I were to do that, there would probably be an automated system for at least the more important moves.

This reminds me a bit of the little apartment I'm living in in Japan. It's nowhere as elaborate, but the futon (Japanese, not western style) gets hidden in the closet during the day, and the desk folds up, and the deskchair stores completely under the desk, essentially giving me 3 rooms (bedroom, living room, study) in one (the kitchen, toilet room, and shower room are all separate).

That's insane! It would be really interesting living there. This may sound lazy, but the thing I'd get most tired of was having to manually move the walls around. If I were to do that, there would probably be an automated system for at least the more important moves.

This reminds me a bit of the little apartment I'm living in in Japan. It's nowhere as elaborate, but the futon (Japanese, not western style) gets hidden in the closet during the day, and the desk folds up, and the deskchair stores completely under the desk, essentially giving me 3 rooms (bedroom, living room, study) in one (the kitchen, toilet room, and shower room are all separate).
would love to see some pictures :victory:

It just so happens I have a few on my computer. In the first picture, on the left, you can see the closet the futon is stored in. In the second picture, the desk is on the left in the corner of the room, folded up, and the chair is stored neatly under it (it's the thing on the left with a handle that looks kind of like a giant drawer).

edit: I should mention that the reason this also functions as a living room is that because, in Japan, people will often just sit on the floor in tatami (reed mat) rooms, so I have, on several occasions had people (Japanese and American alike) come over and hang out, just sitting on the floor.

apartment-1.JPG

apartment-2.JPG

That is a really cool idea for places with limited space. Lets say that you have a fire department that has a remote office,,, something like that.

Back