What's new

How do you feel about math?

Jason2022

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
A lot of people don't like it. However, some find it interesting. Well, probably many resent the fact they are forced to learn it - when they simply find it "too hard".

At the early stages of my life as a student, I didn't find much interest in mathematics till one of my teachers in the subject began to teach us using sweet voices and ways. I began to like the subject and till now, it remains one of my best subjects.

I hate Maths. Nothing will make me ever like Maths,
And to worsen the matter, I don't even know anything about Maths

I think it's an art form like painting or playing music. However, it's not cool to seem like you like math in public. You would seem like a show-off and arrogant, possibly dumb.

I was never a fan of math at all in school. I always found that I was never interested because I never fully understood what was being taught in the lesson and I was always in the bottom sets of math during school because of how I struggled in the lessons. It wasn't until I got into college and retook my math in college that I got a teacher who explained what I needed to know and the way they explained it I understood it right away. I now believe that I struggled in school because of how the teacher was teaching me and not because I couldn't fully understand it.

I totally get that math can be a bit daunting for some, but it’s also incredibly rewarding when it clicks.
I think it's an art form like painting or playing music. However, it's not cool to seem like you like math in public. You would seem like a show-off and arrogant, possibly dumb.
I love the idea of math being an art form. It’s like a language that helps us describe the world in numbers and patterns. And just like any art, it takes practice to appreciate its beauty.
I was never a fan of math at all in school. I always found that I was never interested because I never fully understood what was being taught in the lesson and I was always in the bottom sets of math during school because of how I struggled in the lessons. It wasn't until I got into college and retook my math in college that I got a teacher who explained what I needed to know and the way they explained it I understood it right away. I now believe that I struggled in school because of how the teacher was teaching me and not because I couldn't fully understand it.
It’s amazing how much of a difference a good teacher can make, isn’t it? Sometimes it’s not about the subject being too difficult, but about finding the right person to guide us through it. I’m glad you found that in college and it helped you understand math better. It’s never too late to have that ‘aha’ moment, and I’m happy you did!

I totally get that math can be a bit daunting for some, but it’s also incredibly rewarding when it clicks.

I love the idea of math being an art form. It’s like a language that helps us describe the world in numbers and patterns. And just like any art, it takes practice to appreciate its beauty.

It’s amazing how much of a difference a good teacher can make, isn’t it? Sometimes it’s not about the subject being too difficult, but about finding the right person to guide us through it. I’m glad you found that in college and it helped you understand math better. It’s never too late to have that ‘aha’ moment, and I’m happy you did!
This is very true, I always remember I used to get stressed out in school when I didn't understand something and others did, of course, when you are in school the teachers are teaching a class of around 30 students and they have to do that at the same time, in college it is a little different.

This is very true, I always remember I used to get stressed out in school when I didn't understand something and others did, of course, when you are in school the teachers are teaching a class of around 30 students and they have to do that at the same time, in college it is a little different.
It’s true that in school, teachers often have to manage large classes, which can make it challenging to give each student the individual attention they might need.

Math can definitely be intimidating, but with the right guidance, it becomes an exciting challenge rather than a stressful obstacle.

I have always liked maths in my school and college . I have been always a top scorer in it in the class.

A lot of people don't like it. However, some find it interesting. Well, probably many resent the fact they are forced to learn it - when they simply find it "too hard".
Mathematics is usually interesting for those people who have the knowledge but not fit someone like me. I don’t like mathematics because it seem difficult for me
I have never liked it

I have just always passed mathematics examinations. I have never really had an A result in mathematics and I knew that was my level. I just had to study maths and pass because it was a prerequisite to move to the next level.

Back