What's new

How do you game?

Redd Dragon

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
How do you control your games in PC?

I have a Mac, but I do have an Alienware Area-51m Extreme. So, I am equipped for gaming. I use a Xbox Controller with PC Connect. Its a street made port that connects system controllers with PC's.

Now you?

Keyboard and mouse all the way. Basically every PC game I play is controlled best with the keyboard and mouse so why bother with anything else?

Matt Carr said:
Keyboard and mouse all the way. Basically every PC game I play is controlled best with the keyboard and mouse so why bother with anything else?

I cannot stand a keyboard and mouse for gaming. I need a controller.

Keyboard and Mouse reigns supreme over a controller, except for in racing games and sport games.

I can't stand first person shooters with a controler, it is so annoying having to aim up with joysticks.

Mouse + Key board Bab-ay !!

I mean , the aiming with a mouse is so much more sensative and well , better . Once you get used to it , it's second nature I mean now I suck at Timesplitters 2 and Medal of Honor on my Cube but I "Own" on battlefield now seeing as I've practised so much with it , I'm sure Shane & Matt'd agree , them being avid Counter-strike players .

Keyboard and Mouse. Definitely. Definitely quicker, no fumbling and brings up that tension level just...a....bit...more. Controllers are only good for stuff like jumping and crouching and stuff.

Peter said:
Keyboard and Mouse. Definitely. Definitely quicker, no fumbling and brings up that tension level just...a....bit...more. Controllers are only good for stuff like jumping and crouching and stuff.

Well, I would agree for the mouse, but I hate the key board. I cannot remember what is what with over 50 keys.

all you need to remembers is W, A, S, D, Space, Shift and ctrl. Dont bother playing games that don't use these controls.

then there's the option of making it all custom ! yay .

Ahem . I mean when I first played Counter-Strike I was like " crap crap where's the f***ing shoulders buttons ?!!?!"

A controler is only good for ports (except Halo). Legacy Of Kain: Defiance was close to being unplayable with the mouse, then i went to keybord (then my carpletunnel kicked in) so i whipped out my controler.

I really love my Belkin SpeedPad. It's just a keyboard replacement, but it puts all of the vital keys in logical arrangement, and allows for a huge amount of customization. Combined with a mouse, and you can basically get rid of a keyboard.

I prefer using the arrow keys in fps. :nod:

I just don't play PC games :) but when I do, keyboard (not mouse) is awesomeness

oh my a keyboarder.. I've seen some people at lan parties play quake using a tablet!!

My personal choice for PC games is keyboard and mouse.. inverted to boot. The mouse I use for gaming is my trusty 'ol Wingman. My keyboard is any kind with the windows key ripped off.

My keyboard configuration would basically be ASDFZ.

A = Forward
Z = Backward
S = Jump
D = Strafe Left
F = Strafe Right

Oh makes for a sore pinky for hours and hours of playing but I manage ;)

What setup do you guys have? (Mouse/Keyboard)

I have a Microsoft Explorer 3.0 (V.3.) Mouse
Func Mouse Pad
Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard

MS Natural Keyboard Pro
Belkin SpeedPad n50
Logitech MX700
Ratpadz GS

Ratpads are pretty good if you keep them oiled up with some liquid silicon. My mate has one.

FPS: Mouse and Keyboard
Sports: Logitech Wingman Rumble Pad
Racing Games: Microsoft Wheel

graham said:
FPS: Mouse and Keyboard
Sports: Logitech Wingman Rumble Pad
Racing Games: Microsoft Wheel

I don't like racing wheels. Where's the Joystick?

Back