What's new

How do you stay motivated and inspired to create consistently?

Shortie

Expert Talker
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
Staying motivated and inspired to create anything consistently can always be a task. Some days we can have productive days and other days we may not have the same motivation leaving us not doing most of what we need to do.

If you create either arts or crafts, how do you stay motivated and inspired to consistently create? Do you have a method or schedule that helps?

I'm not into computer art now, but when I was into it, I would visit Renderosity.com a lot. It is a big marketplace and community for computer artists and it's always motivating to go there and also ShareCG.com.

Who has visited these sites?

Motivation is hard, particularly when you're also dealing with bouts of depression. I like to work on things, so I always try to have at least one project going on at a time. It's what keeps me going every day, to get up and work on a project. When it's finished, that's great, but then I need something else to work on.

Breaks are crucial. Don't overload yourself, and balance your workload. It's also important to be passionate about the topic you are covering.

Take breaks, don't get burnt out, stay focused on what your passionate about and watch other media that can inspire you.

When it comes to music, which is also an "art", inspiration comes from YouTube videos of other music teachers. Also, as someone suggested, taking breaks is good to clear up "creative block" (like writer's block). Anyway, also being in good mental health and getting good sleep is important. I think brain injury is bad cause it slows the brain down.

Music keeps me going and motivated and sparks my creativity. I wouldn't know what to do without music.

It can be challenging to stay motivated when you are not feeling your best. There are times when I feel unmotivated. When that happens, I find it helpful to take a break. I might nap, watch an uplifting movie, or head to the beach. I am lucky that I live 15 minutes away from the nearest beach.

Back