What's new

How much make you become a teacher?

Henrywrites

Expert Talker
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
There are growing concerns that teachers don't get the reward they deserve in many countries. People even go as far as saying that there is no gain in teaching. This makes me wonder how much can make one think about being a teacher?

Being a teacher can be rewarding in more than just monetary gains. I was a substitute teacher for 5 years and it was a great time and at the same time an awful time. The kids could be absolutely amazing and they praised me a lot for making their days better. I was very lenient and very rarely yelled at them, and they liked that I wasn't constantly on their backs with a power play like other subs were.

I didn't get paid a lot though. The summer vacation time was what I looked forward to each year!

As much as in some cases those who are teachers do not always get paid what they deserve, as someone who has worked in a school and has seen teachers work, the job in itself is rewarding and that is what a lot of them do it for.

I do believe that wages should increase for teachers though, especially since they put so many hours into teaching both during school time and out of school time.

I have actually taught for years and I would say without a doubt that I won't be a teacher as a job within the terrain of my country. I can teach as a hobby or as a social responsibility.

Back