What's new

How much schooling?

possum37

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I've done my time in elementary & high school...I've got my Bachelor's degree...I've even got a Master's. The field I'm working in, though, is tight unless one has a Doctorate.

I'd get a Doctorate if it wasn't for the fact that I've spent so much $$$ on what I've got now. I've got over $30K in student loans that are costing me $444.50 a month to pay off. But if I stay in my field, I'd need a Doctorate to earn the extra $$$ to get a Doctorate to earn the $$$...

Aaah, the ol' Catch-22.

How much schooling is enough? How much is too much? How do you balance the immediate cost of an education with the projected costs - and benefits - down the road?

----------------------------
My knob tastes funny.

I couldn't deal with sticking myself with student loans, so I'm paying as I go unless I get too tight to make it.

Hopefully I'll get my masters, start working in my field and get my doctorate as I'm getting experience and making more money so I can pay for school a bit easier.

I think some things you don't even need a masters (some things are just plain stupid to go to school for at all) and others without a masters you're stuck and still others if you don't go all the way you make bumkis.

----------------------------
A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

Back