What's new

How much storage do you use?

OneProcess

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
How much storage do you use on your computer? I don't really need that much storage to be honest but I went and got a 1TB SSD because at least it gives me the option to use my computer for storage if I wanted to.

I like to either not save stuff I don't need, or use cloud services so there is some kind of backup. How much storage do you use on your PC and why do you need that much?

I have a 2TB SSD in my computer but I don't really need to have that much really. I like to have the option to use the storage if needed but I tend to slightly fluctuate around the 1TB mark for mu files and anything I'm storing from work. I also have a Dropbox as well but that barely gets used. I think because everyone wants you to use their cloud storage solutions people are storing less locally I reckon.

I have a 2TB SSD in my PC that I built which is more than enough storage for me personally. I also store a lot of my photos and files in Google Drive to offset the SSD space for other things like games or movies that I might want to access faster and more often. I don't think I need anymore than that as it's quite a lot already really.

Back