What's new

I LOVE FISH....in theory....

lordoffire

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
...except when they jump up behind you!

Stingray photobomb goes viral

A photo of three seemingly terrified women being greeted by a giant stingray is making the rounds online. The "photobomb," posted to Reddit.com on Wednesday, appears to show a man in the water behind the women lift the stingray onto their backs just as the photo was taken.

qIy69.jpg

the look on her face is priceless

is that for real? Or did they photoshop it? Looks kinda fake to me!

is that for real? Or did they photoshop it? Looks kinda fake to me!

read the story.....it's real....they were at a stingray park I believe

(it didn't actually leap on them; you can just make out the top of the guy's head who "lifted it up")

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/stingray-photobomb-story-behind-204729980.html

An image of three seemingly terrified women being "photobombed" by a man with a giant stingray went viral last week after it was posted online, catching the women in it by surprise.
"Our phones just started going off," Kendall Harlan, one of the women, told Yahoo News. "Friends were texting us [things] like, 'Did you know you were just on "Good Morning America"?'"
The photo—showing a tour guide in the water behind the women lift the stingray onto their backs just as the photo was taken—was snapped during a 2008 spring break trip to Stingray City, a popular tourist destination in the Cayman Islands, when the trio (Harlan, Sarah Bourland and Natalie Zaysoff) were sophomores at Texas Christian University. They uploaded the photo to Facebook, where it was shared by friends. But it did not achieve viral status until last week, when a former classmate posted it on Reddit.com.

Harlan, now a 24-year-old advertising executive in Austin, Texas, says a picture taken right before the now-famous photobomb shows the co-eds smiling while posing in the water with a stingray. The tour guide threw another stingray up behind them, and the rest is Internet history.

stingray-photobomb-original.jpg

Back