What's new

I would like to recant...

barry

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The Cowboys suck. They'll be lucky to even make the playoffs.

The Giants are MUCH better than I previously believed.

I humbly apologize to all (particularly mark) Giants fans to whom I made disparaging remarks about their team.

that's very gracious of you.

I would NOT have done likewise had the final score been reversed.

Personally -- I do not think T.O. is worth the trouble. You can find a wide receiver who drops first downs when wide open for far less money and headaches LOL

that outcome was NOT all TO's fault. I think he only had that one drop...granted, it was a BIGGIE...but would not have likely changed the outcome.

If Parcell's wasn't so "stuck in his ways", and had announced Romo QB Monday, then let him practice all week with the 1st team...things MAY have been different. Then again, maybe he'd have thrown 3 picks in the 1st quarter, and the game may have had ZERO entertainment value.

But...my recanting is not based solely on last night's game. Their O line has been awful all season...only looking good against bad teams.

they suck. this year is over...for me anyway.

Thankfully, the Stars are on quite a nice roll, so I have SOMETHING to cheer for!

that outcome was NOT all TO's fault. I think he only had that one drop...granted, it was a BIGGIE...but would not have likely changed the outcome.

If Parcell's wasn't so "stuck in his ways", and had announced Romo QB Monday, then let him practice all week with the 1st team...things MAY have been different. Then again, maybe he'd have thrown 3 picks in the 1st quarter, and the game may have had ZERO entertainment value.

But...my recanting is not based solely on last night's game. Their O line has been awful all season...only looking good against bad teams.

they suck. this year is over...for me anyway.

Thankfully, the Stars are on quite a nice roll, so I have SOMETHING to cheer for!

No, the outcome was NOT T.O.'s fault -- but for what he brings to the table, it just seems like his antics overshadow his accomplishments. Of course, who knows how much is real, how much is theater and how much is the media looking for a story. I suspect the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

I wonder, if he truly was a huge problem, if Parcells would have the balls to bench him. If anyone would its him, but its hard to imagine Jerry Jones putting up with such a benching.

Good thing we don't have any meddlesome owners here in New York :unsure: ^_^

I think TO has so much hype and noise around him that he'll always be a bigger story or bigger part of the story than he really is or deserves.

I wasn't ready to give the Cowboys a trip to the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season but I did think they'd compete for their division's title. And like Barry said, I think the o-line has been the biggest disappointment. I don't know if they had big problems going in and they were overlooked by so many or this is a problem they were having this year. But no matter who the QB is, they aren't giving him enough time, and the running game has been lousy.

I don't think Romo or Bledsoe being in there matters until they get the line straightened out. Football is won or lost on line play. Give any qb time and he will tear up a defense. Take time away and he will make mistakes.

To put TO in perspective, yeah he improved the Eagles offense some when he was here. Everyone said he made McNabb better. What they forget is that McNabb was pretty **** good before TO and I think he is proving now that as long as he's healthy he is one of the best QB's in the NFL. Remember receivers can't win games by themselves someone has to get them the ball.

And really I wouldn't pick Romo over Bledsoe reguardless of the line play. I'd rather have the experience than the supposed mobility upgrade Romo is. It's not like he's Mike Vick, you aren't gaining that much while being subjected to his growing pains.

I would disagree with Eison. When the line play SUCKS ****, it is an absolute benefit to have someone back that that MIGHT be able to dodge ONE defender breaking through the line. Bledsoe is incapable of that. Romo can.

However...throwing the fact that Romo has no experience into the mix makes it pretty much a toss up. If only the boy knew when to just throw the ball away, and live to play another down...

Unless Parcells is throwing in the towel this season, he should stick with Bledsoe.

If they play Romo, its like saying, "we're giving up this year but we want to get a jump on next year," which is fine if that's the plan b/c you need to see if this kid can play or whether they need to get a new QB for next season

This discussion makes me go on a little rant. I am so sick of all the cross-promotional ****. While I'm watching a football game, I do not need to have Emmitt Smith asked about ****ing Dancing With The Stars.

And as bad as that was -- Fox is worse. Do I care that so-and-so is at the game who happens to be the star of the hit series Prison Break?

I think it sucks that these sports broadcasts are nothing more than promotional tools for the rest of the network's prime time line-up. Hopefully, the games on the NFL Network later this season will be free of that ****. But probably not. :(

I would disagree with Eison. When the line play SUCKS ****, it is an absolute benefit to have someone back that that MIGHT be able to dodge ONE defender breaking through the line. Bledsoe is incapable of that. Romo can.

However...throwing the fact that Romo has no experience into the mix makes it pretty much a toss up. If only the boy knew when to just throw the ball away, and live to play another down...

Well if your choices are Bledsoe or Romo, that bit of added mobility that might help Romo is the ONLY reason to play him over Bledsoe and that ain't enough.

This discussion makes me go on a little rant. I am so sick of all the cross-promotional ****. While I'm watching a football game, I do not need to have Emmitt Smith asked about ****ing Dancing With The Stars.

And as bad as that was -- Fox is worse. Do I care that so-and-so is at the game who happens to be the star of the hit series Prison Break?

I think it sucks that these sports broadcasts are nothing more than promotional tools for the rest of the network's prime time line-up. Hopefully, the games on the NFL Network later this season will be free of that ****. But probably not. :(

So you think a football or baseball game should be "above" the networks advertising their other shows during the telecast?

Unless Parcells is throwing in the towel this season, he should stick with Bledsoe.

If they play Romo, its like saying, "we're giving up this year but we want to get a jump on next year," which is fine if that's the plan b/c you need to see if this kid can play or whether they need to get a new QB for next season

I think Parcells actually WANTED to play Romo earlier...but seemed to be looking for a reason to pull Bledsoe. But, since the Big Magnificent Tuna is VERY tight with the information, we'll likely never know.

I also hate the cross-promo stuff. The fact that Emmitt is ON "Dancing with the Stars" makes me want to puke! Much less having to listen to how he consulted with Jerry Freakin' Rice (gasp!) on how to handle the show, blah blah blah.

And as far as NFL Network games: bet you a nickel that they'll have Rich Eison, Mashall Faulk, Deion Sanders, et al ALL on pimping their shows.

So you think a football or baseball game should be "above" the networks advertising their other shows during the telecast?

I don't mind a certain level of cross-promotion -- I'm not stupid. They have a lot of eyeballs watching and if they can get the word out about shows that viewers might not otherwise see, fine. I don't care that the green screen behind home plate has different shows -- that's passive. And I certainly don't care if they put commercials for their shows in during breaks.

But, and Fox seems to be the worst culprit -- it seems every other batter Jack Buck was promoting this show or that show. And I really can't stand that they put some actor from some show in the stands and then say -- "hey, bob smith, star of Fox's hit series Prison Break is at the game"

I don't mind a certain level of cross-promotion -- I'm not stupid. They have a lot of eyeballs watching and if they can get the word out about shows that viewers might not otherwise see, fine. I don't care that the green screen behind home plate has different shows -- that's passive. And I certainly don't care if they put commercials for their shows in during breaks.

But, and Fox seems to be the worst culprit -- it seems every other batter Jack Buck was promoting this show or that show. And I really can't stand that they put some actor from some show in the stands and then say -- "hey, bob smith, star of Fox's hit series Prison Break is at the game"

ESPN is just as bad, they'll cut away from live play to remind you that they have other programing available on other channels right then.

I actually don't mind Fox doing their version of that because baseball has so much more downtime or dead air to fill.

Who's the third string QB for Dallas?

I think it is too late to put Romo in IMO. You're asking a guy that has pretty much 0 NFL experience to run your offense almost half way through the season, all I have to say is good luck Tuna. Bledsoe will be gone after this year since he wants to be a starter and doesn't want to be a backup.

how about that TONY ROMO, huh?!??!?

how about that TONY ROMO, huh?!??!?

He didn't look too bad, but I think a lot of that had to do with the boys having somewhat of a running game for a change and the Panthers having a complete meltodwn to end the game as well.

But you never know, maybe he'll circle the wagons and make that change really mean something.

Tony who? :p

I think you'll be seeing some Brooks Bollinger from now on if you are a Vikqueens fan. Brad Johnson seems to have lost it.

Back