IL smokers PSA

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
Don't toss your ciggy butts out your car window. Cops have been cracking down and fining peeps (because it's so dry). The fines can go as high as $10k!

I emailed this to my DH too who works in IL and smokes.

ETA: Ok now they're saying the fine is up to $1,500.

I think it would be a good idea if they stopped smoking in general....

I saw this on the news this morning but thought it was for indiana not IL. Also there's a $1k fine for throwing anything out your window

I saw this on the news this morning but thought it was for indiana not IL. Also there's a $1k fine for throwing anything out your window

Hmm..........well they're talking about it on WGN. I'll pay better attention the next time it comes up. I guess either way, it's a good idea for everyone not to toss the ciggy butts out when it's so dry.

Do you know what a carton of Marlboro go for up there in WI?

Do you know what a carton of Marlboro go for up there in WI?

I dunno exactly,but more than it does in Winthrope Harbor (IL) where DH buys his (at a tobaco outlet). I do know a carton just went up $10 when IL upped the taxes. :surrender:

I hope they crack down on this. One of my biggest pet peeves. Littering is littering.

I dunno exactly,but more than it does in Winthrope Harbor (IL) where DH buys his (at a tobaco outlet). I do know a carton just went up $10 when IL upped the taxes. :surrender:

The day before they went up I made DH go buy his. (I know I'm an enabler, but a cheap on at that) Now I'm scared to even know what they cost. He as a whole carton left. This is where he needs to finally quit smoking because the cost and our health is more important.

I keep telling him I'm going to look for a new husband if he doesn't fix his bad smoking habit.

In Indiana you cant smoke within 8 feet of resturants, if they use the drive thru we are to not hand them their food till they put it out.

In Indiana you cant smoke within 8 feet of resturants, if they use the drive thru we are to not hand them their food till they put it out.

Wow.

I don't care if it's raining, smokers shouldn't be tossing their vile trashy butts out car windows. Let them empty their car ash trays at home.

Do cars still have ashtrays? I dont' think mine does. :dunce:

Ok I just went and checked my car. Nope, no ashtray. DH used to toss his butts all over (in the grass, driveway, etc.) until I got on him about it and gave him an empty coffee can to use. :gah:

Oh and yeah, I was wrong it is in Indiana............but still................

Do cars still have ashtrays? I dont' think mine does. :dunce:

Ok I just went and checked my car. Nope, no ashtray. DH used to toss his butts all over (in the grass, driveway, etc.) until I got on him about it and gave him an empty coffee can to use. :gah:

Oh and yeah, I was wrong it is in Indiana............but still................

When I bought the last car that I had, the first thing I did was throw out the cigarette lighter. Then I filled the ashtray with change, which worked out great for those infrequent trips through the Chicago area.

In the past few weeks, there have been a couple brush fires around here (NW burbs) started by cigarette butts.

Oh that sux KG.

The day before they went up I made DH go buy his. (I know I'm an enabler, but a cheap on at that) Now I'm scared to even know what they cost. He as a whole carton left. This is where he needs to finally quit smoking because the cost and our health is more important.

I keep telling him I'm going to look for a new husband if he doesn't fix his bad smoking habit.

I roll my own (not Gremlin style).
The new tax brought my cost up to just over 80¢/pack (before coupons of course :lol:).

I roll my own (not Gremlin style).
The new tax brought my cost up to just over 80¢/pack (before coupons of course :lol:).

You smoke? I didn't know that. Do the homemade ones taste ok? DH smokes Malrboro lights. I know he would never make his own, but if it could get that cheap..............**** I would roll them for him.

You smoke? I didn't know that. Do the homemade ones taste ok? DH smokes Malrboro lights. I know he would never make his own, but if it could get that cheap..............**** I would roll them for him.

My dad has smoked Marlboro and Marlboro Lights for way too many years. :surrender: He's been rolling his own for maybe the past 6 months or so. I'm sure it's not the same as Marlboros, but I haven't really heard any complaints out of him.

Good to know Jill. Ok guys so tell me what brand and where do I buy the stuff? :dunce:

Back