What's new

Instagram launches new web profiles, very similar to Facebook

cpvr

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Instagram recently introduced their new web profiles, which takes a page out their parent company, Facebook's page.

Don't believe me?:eek:

Check the news out about Instagram's new web profiles. Could this be a game changer for the site since it used to be only accessable via mobile?

Here's the news and some screenshots: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/05/new-instagram-web-profile_n_2078844.html
21B9s.jpg

Definitely looks like Facebook's Timeline profile layout. And, as Facebook purchased Instagram earlier this year, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the two brands are beginning to share a similar look.
"You’ve asked for Instagram on the web and we’ve listened," Instagram's blog reads. "Your web profile features a selection of your recently shared photographs just above your profile photo and bio, giving others a snapshot of the photos you share…"
The new format also allows users to comment, like and edit their profiles on the web.
Until now, Instagrammers had to use a third-party service, like Webstagram orStatigram, to view Instagram accounts on the web.
Want to access your new profile? Go to instagram.com/[username] to view this latest feature. For example, CEO and Co-founder Kevin Systrom's Istagram username is @KEvin, thus his web address is under instagram.com/kevin. And if you can't see your profile yet, don't worry: The company hopes to have most users actively online within in the next several days.
But the web version of Instagram does appear to be somewhat secondary to the mobile app original. The Verge reports that "Instagram on the web notably still lacks search, a news feed for browsing photos, and the ability to upload photos." There's also no true homepage or way to click through friends' profiles without knowing their username. These handy functions are still available only via the Android or iOS apps.

I've still yet to use instagram :p
I deleted the app off my phone not too long ago. There's way too many social networking sites to keep up with.:whistle:

I've honestly stopped bothered with social networking sites, too many of them. I might check Twitter and Youtube every now and then and Facebook a few times, but I'm not registering on any others, seems like a waste of time and effort.

I use Twitter to chat and Facebook to see my family, that's about it anymore.

Never used Instagram, mind you I never really take any pictures these days.

How can you forget? It's in the article itself, even! :)
Right, I didn't read the article.
Was just saying that I forgot facebook bought them, I don't use the service anyways so no reason for me to really pay attention to instagram. ;)

Woah? I guess I have to buy a new smartphone so that I can use Instagram again.

I wonder how easy it is to market on Instagram.

Back