What's new

iPhone 5- Are you pre-ordering?

Peacock76

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
I'm not. :lol:

I've never been one to need the "next best thing" immediately. I can wait patiently until it becomes reasonable priced. DD14 is drooling over the thought of getting the 5. Not gonna happen!

I just ordered DD18 the iPhone 4. So glad her old phone held out for as long as it did. With the iPhone 5 hype, I was able to get her the 4 through AT&T for .99c. :)

I so cannot relate to spending that much $ on a phone, I don't get the ipad or itouch either. My kids saved for theirs, I just so do not get it.

I don't even know how much it is...assuming $500+ unless you're due for an upgrade with your provider.

I'd like an iPad, but I don't *need* an iPad, so I doubt I'll ever get one. :p

I might get a kindle fire--old model since they just released their new models--standard price dropped to 169? (I think) would work for the browsing I need to do..

my kids/dh are all windows phone users so they were/are uber excited about the new nokia(?) phone that was released last week--me I dont have a smart phone--but for .99 cents..maybe--lol ( why cant monthly service be like .99?)

I was all excited to get the last one because I thought it would be faster... But I really didn't notice much of a difference. I love my phone... If the 5 was amazing maybe I'd get it. I have a 3 hour commute. My phone is my entertainment.

I have an iPad but barely use it... My DH uses his work one ALL the time.

The monthly plans are ridiculous...of course our kids all pay for theirs like they said they would. Not. :p I wish AT&T would come up with an unlimited family data plan like the unlimited family texting plan they have.

I do like the 4S better than the old 3GS I had. I don't know why, really, other than the shape seems more user-friendly & I don't drop it nearly as much. My 3GS was getting pretty slow, not holding a charge & would randomly shut off, so DH got me the 4S for xmas. I was NOT happy that he paid more than .99c for it.

AMEN dragonfly--and my kids also pay for their own--well i lie--we bought #1 Ds his smart phone and pay for his service for his 21st birthday gift--lol--woo hoo many kids get that for their 13th birthday ( or 10th..)

I think kids should pay for theirs--when you hand over your kid a $$$$$ phone with the service because they HAVE to have it--ummmm That is crazy--we grew up just fine without them, and I am an adult and function fine without one--a phone YES, texting yes--total internet, no!

I heart my iPhone 4. Just got it like 2 months ago. The allure is still there. I had a prepay tmoble before this one so I was reluctant to take the plunge into smart phones. So glad I did though. Not only ease and entertainment, but I am much more organized now.

My boss got her son an iPad for kindergarten graduation. :faint:

He's now whining about not having a data plan!

AT&T now also has the same family share data plan that Verizon has. Call and ask them Dragonfly. You get whatever GB pile you pay for (I think 10GB is normalish) and share it among all your phones.

I am happy to say Sprint/Boost has finished a big part of their tower upgrades and we no longer have any problems with our Sprint/Boost service. My Sprint contract is up in the end of December and I am going to switch to Boost. DH and Baby are already on it and I can't tell you how much I love paying under $50 per phone for unlimited everything :)

if you could use iphone on that network kathy , I would be all over it.

I tried going android and my hubby rescued me with a 4s for my b- day. i phone is so user friendly.

window phone is very user friendly as well--since most of us are so familiar with the Microsoft format

Dh did mention the family plan for AT$T but he said for us, and our family of 6 it would still be more then he is paying now -I mean yes adding the 2 of us on that do not have data will cost more, but it isnt that much of a deal with the new plan

Sprint has the iphone. Everything unlimited is $90, when you add more phones, you get economy of scale, by the time you get to 4 phones on, it's about $45 per phone before taxes & fees.

Far as I know, no cracked Iphone will work with Boost. My DH is very sad. LOL

Thanks, Kathy, I'm going to look into that. I just looked yesterday & didn't see it! Granted I didn't look very hard since I was rushing to order DD's phone.

Lisa, do your kids pay *every* month? Mine don't. They are supposed to, but they don't. I wish DH was more of a hard **** about it. I was "allowing" DD18 to work off her $20/month by being in charge of dishes during softball season, but lately she doesn't do much. :lol: Plus, she and SD18 are away at school (almost) and I can't imagine they'll be good about paying us for their data. DD14 usually pays 6 months at a time after xmas & her bday. ;)

dh requested it upfront--price of phone and a years worth of service

no cash--no phone

I am sure my DH is eye-balling it! But that is what happens when you work with technology.....

He also saw the new TV by Sharp - 90" for $10,000

NOT HAPPENING HERE ;)

$10,000 for a TV?! 90"?! Fortunately we do not have $10k for a tv OR a room large enough to be able to actually watch a tv that size in. That's NUTS!

Maybe your DH is looking at a $10,000 tv in hopes that you agree to the iphone because it's $9,500 less. :lol:

$10,000 for a TV?! 90"?! Fortunately we do not have $10k for a tv OR a room large enough to be able to actually watch a tv that size in. That's NUTS!

Maybe your DH is looking at a $10,000 tv in hopes that you agree to the iphone because it's $9,500 less. :lol:

LOL ! ! ! !

He knows better not to ask for the TV... the iPhone he has not mentioned but I see him looking at it online. I know nothing about it. Not even sure how much it is so I cannot say he will be getting it or not.

I could go for the iPhone4 for $.99 though ! ! !

Back