What's new

Is Dwight Howard burying himself in Orlando? Or does he need to get out?

Rocky Balboa

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see him sign a long term contract and stay in Orlanda past next season. It would be nice to see some player loyalty in pro sports for a change.

Magic_Dig_Themselves_a_Hole.gif
Click to enlarge

he needs to move on, playing in another team may develop him even more

He shamed himself is what he did.

He was VERY outspoken about his displeasure to be there. All he did was make himself look like a barking dog without any bite.

Personally, I'd like to see him sign a long term contract and stay in Orlanda past next season. It would be nice to see some player loyalty in pro sports for a change.

View attachment 994
Click to enlarge

That's one thing I want to change in the NBA. I hope players get to play long years in one team. I hope Howard stays there and maybe replace Stan (lol).

Okay, I just say a youtube video of an interview of Stan Van Gundy saying that Dwight wanted him gone, and Dwight coming over and hugging him and pretending everything is all flowers and daisies. LOL. It's kind of comical at this point. It's all out, man. This whole thing really won't end well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA[/ame]

See what onewrongmove just posted. THIS is what I was talking about with Howard constantly showing discontent. Do you really think you can sign a man like this to a long term deal when he has no problem telling/showing you he wants out at any given time?

I don't even care anymore, just sick of hearing about it. He's going to go through the exact same thing next season.

I don't even care anymore, just sick of hearing about it. He's going to go through the exact same thing next season.

Dwight Howard really is the man of attention this season; I think he needs to get out of the Magic just so we can stop hearing about him.

I think he should move on to another team. He's great with the Magic, but if he plays for a better team, he'll be able to perform better.

I think he should move on to another team. He's great with the Magic, but if he plays for a better team, he'll be able to perform better.

He should want to perform better regardless. That's what part of being a "superstar" is about. It shouldn't matter where he is. He should be the type of player people want to come and play with.

Dwight Howard should quit basketball and go into politics with all the flip-flopping he does.

Seriously though this won't end well and as long as he stays far away from Chicago I don't care what he does anymore. The thirst for attention is horrible.

I'd like to see Stan Van keep his job, and not get driven out by a bi-polar Bizarro version of Shaq. If he wanted to go, he should have not tried to placate the Orlando fans by acting like he never wanted to leave. You can't be liked by everybody. He didn't choose Orlando. He was drafted because they stunk at eh time and he was a very good player in college. Why should he be loyal to them by signing a new contract? He's been loyal by improving over the years, and being a great and fun anbasitor to the game.

Free agency allows these guys to move freely and talk to organizations they want to play for. I'd rather have my favorite players on the teams they loved growing up, or with coaching staffs they respect a whole lot. He was loyal to Orlando, till he decided to play like a bum against the Lin and Amareless Knicks. If Van Gundy is fired, I guess that means Dwight threw his couch under a bus, as a way of showing 'loyalty' to the team. Whatever.

I'd like to see Stan Van keep his job, and not get driven out by a bi-polar Bizarro version of Shaq. If he wanted to go, he should have not tried to placate the Orlando fans by acting like he never wanted to leave. You can't be liked by everybody. He didn't choose Orlando. He was drafted because they stunk at eh time and he was a very good player in college. Why should he be loyal to them by signing a new contract? He's been loyal by improving over the years, and being a great and fun anbasitor to the game.

Free agency allows these guys to move freely and talk to organizations they want to play for. I'd rather have my favorite players on the teams they loved growing up, or with coaching staffs they respect a whole lot. He was loyal to Orlando, till he decided to play like a bum against the Lin and Amareless Knicks. If Van Gundy is fired, I guess that means Dwight threw his couch under a bus, as a way of showing 'loyalty' to the team. Whatever.

Yeah I remember that game. The Knicks almost blasted them for like 40 points. But honestly, that was like the fifth time that happened to Orlando. If Stan loses his job for Dwight's acting up, that would just highlight how this has become an ego league rather than a sports league.

Dwight Howard should quit basketball and go into politics with all the flip-flopping he does.

Seriously though this won't end well and as long as he stays far away from Chicago I don't care what he does anymore. The thirst for attention is horrible.

I feel what you're saying. Dwight Howard should just leave the Magic already and go join another team that wants him.

It is time for him to move on. He has done his job in Orlando and helped them win games. He is such a talented player, yet he doesn't have any other players to work with. I would love to see him play with another star guard, and then that would be a championship contender team.

It is time for him to move on. He has done his job in Orlando and helped them win games. He is such a talented player, yet he doesn't have any other players to work with. I would love to see him play with another star guard, and then that would be a championship contender team.

Personally, I don't see why the owners in Orlando wanted to keep him. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to keep him if the continuously voiced his discontent if I were a owner the way he did.

I'd trade him and then REALLY stick it to his ego by going after a bunch of good players.

Personally, I don't see why the owners in Orlando wanted to keep him. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to keep him if the continuously voiced his discontent if I were a owner the way he did.

I'd trade him and then REALLY stick it to his ego by going after a bunch of good players.

There's so few true impact center's in the league that they felt rolling the dice and keeping him was the best thing to do. I can't exactly blame them for that. The packages they were going to get for him probably weren't that great either and they're stuck with a bunch of terrible contracts making a rebuild tough.

There's so few true impact center's in the league that they felt rolling the dice and keeping him was the best thing to do. I can't exactly blame them for that. The packages they were going to get for him probably weren't that great either and they're stuck with a bunch of terrible contracts making a rebuild tough.

That's true.

But why keep him when now you KNOW for a fact his heart won't be in it all the time. He'll just quit on you at any given moment.

I would have traded him. I'd rather have an average player that will give it his all over a great player that plays when he feels like it.

Back