What's new

ISO Science Fair Project ideas......PLEASE!

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
What grade? DS17 is here....said Poster Board test of "how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop" you could use different tongue sizes as a variable. :lol: and you'd get a good laugh!

Is it due tomorrow?

My husband said to go to radio shack and get a potato clock

one of the winners at our fair last year was something like...does foil around a bottle ( beverage) help keep it cold longer

they had frozen bottles of water and insulated them with different things--like paper towels..foil etc.. and one plain--then noted how long it took them to melt

It's due wed and this is for DS 10 (4th grade).

My condolences. I despise science projects. DD11 had to write a research paper for her 5th grade project. I cried a few times helping her with her project. Her 4th grade project was about compost. She did worm composting vs bin composting. Which works faster. She got an A on that. Only a poster board was required for that. For this years project she used the compost again. Will dry beans grow faster in soil amended with compost or without. She got an A on that as well. The research paper was a beyotch though. There was a 10 page minimum requirement.

My neice just did an ice cube project. Does salt water melt faster than fresh water? Easy and cheap.

Can somebody put a flashing light on this thread if it gets heated? :giggles:

here my ds did a real wimpy one last year--pretty appropriate for a 10 year old

he baked cup cakes --and dyed some batter 4 different colors--then baked them and had people vote on which color cupcake was more appealing--LOL I told him to dye them and add extract--so mint to the purple and lemon in the blue to see if people could tell the flavors even if the colors were "wrong"

I feel like you start this thread every year!!!

BECAUSE I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I F'ING HATE THESE PROJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:surrender:

Bake 3 batches of chocolate chip cookies: 1 batch made with butter, 1 with shortening, and 1 with oil. Then measure & compare the results, write it all up, and give out samples of each.

ennui my ds did something similar except he made cupcakes

one with regular flour
one with WW flour

and one batch with almond flour

( the almond ones were sooooooooooooooooo good--more like a ****in)

are u on pinterest mrsmom?

Back