What's new

Items to have on hand

Momof2girls

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Looking for a list of items that you have on hand "just in case". Like bandaids before they are needed. I am realizing that it is not so easy to just run out for things. So anything that you can think that I would need to have on hand, but not food.

flashlight and batteries (hide the extra batteries from the kids)

Cold meds
Sunscreen
Bug Repellent
Candles & Matches
Manual Can Opener
Shoe laces
Scotch tape
Super Glue
Computer mouse
Printer ink
Stamps
Sympathy cards

Anti fungal cream
Multi Antibiotic cream
Hydrocortisone cream
orajel
visine
Tums/Omeprozole
Ibuprofen
Tylenol

Super Glue remover [only if you keep Super Glue on hand]
Benadryl pills [generic]
thermometer [for people]
Duck tape
scissors

water filter (brita type pitcher)

Stuff for stomach flu; gatorade/powerade, pedialite, laundry soap. Different Medicines such as allergy, cough, tylenol/headache. Hydrogen peroxide (for cleaning wounds). Large bandaids and butterfly bandaids. Medicine for burns

Stuff for stomach flu; gatorade/powerade, pedialite, laundry soap. Different Medicines such as allergy, cough, tylenol/headache. Hydrogen peroxide (for cleaning wounds). Large bandaids and butterfly bandaids. Medicine for burns

if you *really want to be prepared, a generator....... with the bad weather and tornados in our area, it's very sad when an entire freezer full of food has to be tossed. Or when you have to put your little jewel freezer on a dolly and drag it to the neighbors across the street who do have power:lol:

a "Z pack" if you can get one
epoxy adhesive
gorilla glue
Sewing kit items
safety pins
pedialyte
heat/cold compresses
laxative
white poster board
spray adhesive
double stick tape
wrapping paper and gift bags, etc
goo gone
electric air pump/battery charger for garage
hand crank USB charge capable emergency radio
a non electric phone for landline if you have one( ie fax, modem line)
firestarters if you have a fireplace
flat razor blades or exacto knife
food coloring

Looking for a list of items that you have on hand "just in case". Like bandaids before they are needed. I am realizing that it is not so easy to just run out for things. So anything that you can think that I would need to have on hand, but not food.

Making a 2012 survival kit???

In my car i always have a box of granola bars, hard candy, juice boxes, extra clothes for the kids, gloves, package of baby wipes, empty grocery bags, pen and paper, first aid kit

After seeing this story http://abcnews.go.com/2020/kati-kim-story-mom-tells-heart-wrenching-story/story?id=12900617 I always want to be prepared in case we get stuck somewhere!
I'd add flashlight [& batteries], water, screw drivers, reflective triangles, and mylar blankets to the car emergency gear.

Making a 2012 survival kit???

Sort of. Since I am on my own I don't have the ability to run to the store with two kids in the middle of the night or during the day for that matter if one is sick or comes down with something. If I spring a leak or something goes out on me I will need the items on hand.

Back