What's new

Jets and Sanchez

I think they did they this more so to end speculation that they were trying to get Manning. The Jets need to get rid of distractions, stop talking about how good they are and start showing everyone. I think Sanchez is a talented QB and don't think he's the only reason the falter.

I am a Jets fan and think this is crap. 5 year 58 million with 20.5 guaranteed. Wow; this is ****ing crazy. He better do work because if he has a season like last year we are going to riot.

I guess they must see something in him to continue on. I hope for his sake, he rises to the occasision and produces well next year!

How do you not even have a conversation with Manning? Now all the Jets did was solidify his mightier than thou attitude and ****-eating grin. They probably won't be able to bring anyone in to even pretend to compete for the job; awesome day to be a Jets fan.

Please sign Henne; PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

Well, that's about the average salary for an average QB these days. I guess the Jets think he is at least that and potentially better. I'm not sold on him at all personally and think he is very mediocre.

Jets fans weep profusely at this news.

Sanchez better be out there practicing his throws and watching some film on how to be more clutch. He's going to need it because the Patriots, like ever year, will not lie down just because big mouth Rex Ryan makes another empty promise to win it all next season.

Sanchez looks beast in Jet's, and as my aspect; it's a good thing that they extended his contract.

Sanchez looks beast in Jet's, and as my aspect; it's a good thing that they extended his contract.

From what I can understand you think Sanchez is a beast and it was a good signing?

Not much goes on in your world other than the Redskins does it? Sanchez was one of the worst overall QB last season and top 5 in interceptions. He was also in the bottom 1/4 in QBR in his first two seasons. The guy sucks; and I am a Jets fan that wants to win a Super Bowl and I am saying that.

Sanchez a beast? Yeah ok, you can believe that if you want.

He was MEANT to be a beast sure. But he has been anything but that thus far in his career.

If he doesn't do good this season, his job might be in crisis.

I think this was a good move if for nothing else then to show their commitment to their qb. His confidence should improve from this and his teammates should support him more now.

I think this was a good move if for nothing else then to show their commitment to their qb. His confidence should improve from this and his teammates should support him more now.

I don't know. I mean they show their commitment and support for him in the past. I'm not sure how much of that is going to translate out to him being a better player this season.

But only time will tell.

I guess the Jets just want to stay with a bad over rated quarterback. How on earth could they spend that kind of money for Sanchez. That is unbelievable! Is he really worth top ten money?

I guess the Jets just want to stay with a bad over rated quarterback. How on earth could they spend that kind of money for Sanchez. That is unbelievable! Is he really worth top ten money?

At this point, until he shows he's capable, he's not even worth top 20 money.

If he doesn't have confidence yet, he never will. He's been in the league several years, and had plenty of playoff experience thanks to the defense. He should feel pretty confident, I mean who is he Rex Grossman??

Big waste of money!!! He can't win in the post season, he needs to do that this year or I think he should be up for trade talks next...

They're trying to act like they support Sanchez, although he really isn't a good quarterback. What they need to do is fire that awful head coach, or at least get him to shut his mouth and just coach.

Back