What's new

Kill Bill

monsieurjohn

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
who's excited?! i am, i'm a huge fan of quentin tarantino, and the three big movies he's done (pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, and natural born killers) are three of my favorite movies (but not my three favorite movies, there's a difference)

and it looks like true to his style, this one will still be weird and funny. i heard for one fight scene they used 100 gallons of fake blood! whee!

i'm the only excited one? ...how sad...

i'm going to one of the first showings friday night, it's gonna be awesome

I think it looks like it will be good, but unfortunatly I will probably have to wait for it to come out on dvd to see it

:yikes:

that was *awesome*

quentin tarentino is so awesome, he doesn't shy away from anything. there's stuff in this movie that other people just wouldn't do, and it's so well done i love it. i can't wait for volume 2 to come out, because there's way more story to go. :clap:

:toocool:

I'm a bit disappointed they decided to chop this into two movies just a couple months before mass distribution. The first part was good, but I wish the entire story could have been told, instead of having to wait months for the second installment.

i think it's very much in quentin tarentino's style... i'm willing to let him get away with just about anything, just becasuer he's never let me down before.

I'm going to see this right after I see School of Rock....So that makes two things on my to-do list. My priorities are quite clear ;)

I'll be seeing this tomorrow with everyone from work.
President of the company saw it and loved it so much that he bought us all tickets :)
I shall post my comments soooooon :p

The more times I see it, the more I just love the over-the-top fight scenes.

? how many times have you seen it?

i'm a huge fan of those fight scenes too, quentin tarentino is a weird dude but he makes great movies.

this wasn't by far one of my favorite movies, but was definately a good watch.
once they started fighting with swords, *cough*anime*cough* i got really into it
very funny, many different film styles, definately cool!

I've seen it twice at the theatre and have watched sections of it at least 4 more times.

Seems that KB vol2 is not such a good as vol1 :(
Too much speakin into a space ... and ... all action is rendering about Once Upon A Time In Mexico ... the same old school ... :nod:

oh i VERY much disagree

i thought vol. 2 was better than vol. 1 by a long shot, which is incredible considering how awesome i thought vol. 1 was. #2 had me pinned to my chair for every frame, even though i had to go to the bathroom really bad for the whole last hour :eek:

i thought it was masterfully constructed, and i can't wait to see it again

Tarantin did not show the exploding heart - it was very disappointing :nod:

The vol1 was less explainable ... that means that there are was not present Bill himself. So, Bill was like the evil essentia whom need to be killed. The vol2 was full of explanations and it was full of Bill, it was disappointing too.

Anyway ... it is just a grumbling of old snowman ... :gas:

yea
it seems that a lot of people are split on this
i personally enjoyed 2 a lot, but the lack of action made me somewhat bored at times, and there was just non-stop talking near the end
i'm definately with lobo on this

I'm off to see it this evening... doubt very much I'll be dissapointed, the man's a genius when it comes to the darkest humour in film. He creates a genre all of his own.

i didn't go in expecting an action movie, nor did i consider kill bill 1 an action movie per se

i consider the entire thing as a whole an epic with action portions. as such, i wasn't disappointed at all to encounter lots of dialog and less fighting in the second one - tarantino is at is best when writing and directing dialog, if you ask me

Well I finally saw vol1 last week on video & all I can say is wow what a steming heap. Halfway through I found myself thinking ...don't I have laundry or something I should be doing.I like his other movies although I would have liked naturall born killers better if micky & mallory got killed(mabby lynched by the famillys of there victoms).I don't think I'll ever see vol2.I was going to say vol1 was almost as bad a the matrix.........but that's just not fair to Q.T

quentin tarantino asked to have his name taken out of the credits for natural born killers because he hated what they did with his screenplay - despite that i still liked it, but i thought i should point that out

i believe you would have appreciated it more on the big screen, in a theater atmosphere - i know that sounds weird, but i can really see it as a movie which would suffer in the home setting. not to "steaming heap" proportions though, so maybe it just disagreed with you in general

Back