What's new

kobe case

GINA

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
so what does everyone think of kobe? did he assault this girl or did she make it up? i heard snippets of it on the radio this morning, how he was saying how much he loves his wife blah blah, but he had cheated on her in the past. i don't really have much of an opinion yet since i haven't seen much of it, but what do you think?

guilty or innocent?

I have discussed this with my cousin (huge basketball fan) and my father (lawyer) numerous times since it was brought to my attention weeks ago by ESPN. Here is the outlook: What makes this suspicious is that it took the prosecution a week or two to decide to press charges against Bryant for sexually assaulting a woman. Maybe some talks "behind the scenes" by the prosection included talk of the media attention they would get. After all, they are pressing major charges against one of (if not the) best and most popular player in the NBA. Yes, you get popularity for bringing charges here, but in the end, if Bryant wins, it will kill the prosection. Rumors will be brought up that the prosection was malicious against Kobe and did this as an act for media (and for money).

Do I think Kobe is guilty or innocent? It is hard to tell right now, as all the general public knows is what he is accused of. I would hope he has not, as he is a symbol to many people. People who really know him think he is a nice person and would not do such a thing. However, as GINA mentioned, he has cheated on his wife (he still loves her, according to him). A girl coming out of nowhere and saying that Kobe assaulted her is unusual, but thats how it happens.

Final verdict: I am going to go with what I hope is true, making Kobe Bryant innocent! I am looking forward to seeing more opinions.

why do i feel like this case is going to be like the OJ case...

of course, not as serious, but thanks to our lovely press, it will become the biggest thing on earth

EDIT: and god knows there wouldn't be so much publicity on this if he wasn't a huge star already. i'm sure people get assaulted everyday and nobody knows about it. sheesh, leave the guy alone

Exactly right.

Kobe is on the bad end, whether he did it our not

Well regardless, his name has been tarnished. He admitted to adultery, which means he can kiss goodbye his goody goody image (not to mention many promos/etc).

Now whether he rapped here is tought. The definition is quite broad, so it wouldn't shock me if he were convicted.

Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do this, but you never know.

Originally posted by Code Red
Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do this, but you never know.

Did you know him well enough to say that? :rollseyes

Originally posted by XxQuEeNzNaZcHoxX

Did you know him well enough to say that? :rollseyes

Exactly. He also doesn't seem like the person who would cheat on his wife, but he did that....

Originally posted by mb90078

Exactly. He also doesn't seem like the person who would cheat on his wife, but he did that....

He has done it in the past :rambo:

There is a difference in rape and infedility a big difference. Personally I think the girl is doing this for some fame. I think she gave him a bj and he ate her out and she left the room after moaning from his oral work seeming exhausted and felt she could pull off a rape cry. We wont know till december though.

The only person this whole trial is good for is Kobe's wife. I mean **** he is doing everything for her know. Rings, Disneyland, more nights on the town.

Kobe is innocent -- End of Discussion!

I mean Kobe can have any girl he wants -- Laker Girls, etc. -- Why would he choose some young **** and rape her?

But either way, Kobe will eventually get traded by the end of the season once his contract expires due to this whole ordeal. It's all just a Media Blitz.

Back