What's new

Lakers Championship Contender?

Kina

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Do the Lakers now have a shot at the championship with Ramon Sessions?

I don't know about that. Yeah they look good so far with him. But I'll come back after a week or so with a better answer. But right now, I'm half and half on them being a valid contender off picking up sessions.

I don't know about that. Yeah they look good so far with him. But I'll come back after a week or so with a better answer. But right now, I'm half and half on them being a valid contender off picking up sessions.
You have to admit Sessions brings hope. If everyone does their part its not impossible. The only contender is OKC and we all know how Russell Westbrook is in the Finals. He can put up big numbers all year, try to be the hero in the finals and turnover the ball more than anyone.

Sessions has proved to be valuable to the Lakers. I'm glad you brought up this question because I too wonder if Sessions is enough to make Lakers a contender team. It would be hard to say until I see how he does against the actual contender teams.

Sessions has proved to be valuable to the Lakers. I'm glad you brought up this question because I too wonder if Sessions is enough to make Lakers a contender team. It would be hard to say until I see how he does against the actual contender teams.
If everyone shows up it can happen, with the exception of a few things: Metta World Peace has to contribute at least 12-15 points. Matt Barnes has to be effective and contribute as well, maybe 10 from Barnes. Kobe has to stop with the forced shots. He makes them occasionally, but he's killing the Lakers forcing the ball. Andrew Bynum has got to keep playing aggressively. Pau Gasol has to play like his head is still on the chopping block. The most important thing they've got to do is REBOUND. Teams will kill them on the boards. The Lakers don't even put a body on their opponent to box out.

Sessions will start tonight against the Blazers. I commend Sessions for coming into the trade eager, excited and ready to get the job done.

Sessions has played well, but he's not going to take them over the top. He's just a solid player, but I don't think the Lakers have enough talent to get it done this year.

Ramon Sessions really brings in some needed energy into the Laker's roster. I do not believe that he makes them a contender for now though. It is fairly early and, as dexterlablab1 said, after about a week or two we will have a better idea of what he brings.

I think Sessions definitely gives them an infusion of talent and hard work. It may be what the Lakers need to get back on track and play up to their potential. I definitely feel they are more of a threat now.

They have a much better chance with Sessions in but I can't see them going all the way. They are still terrible away on the road and this and that there 2nd team is still weak will be the cause of their downfall.

I think that as long as Kobe is on the floor, the Lakers are contenders. Kobe just finds ways to win day in and day out. With Bynum finally being healthy I DEFINITELY wouldnt rule them out.

Sessions has played well, but he's not going to take them over the top. He's just a solid player, but I don't think the Lakers have enough talent to get it done this year.
They have the talent they're just not utilizing it. I will still stand behind what I've said before, Metta World Peace and Matt Barnes need to go. There are so many other players out there that can contribute to this team. Sessions has good instincts but he's just arrived and after Kobe Bryant works with him he'll be fine. He's a cheap, great asset to have.

I think that as long as Kobe is on the floor, the Lakers are contenders. Kobe just finds ways to win day in and day out. With Bynum finally being healthy I DEFINITELY wouldnt rule them out.
I agree. I would like to acquire J.J. Hickson. He would be a great asset as well.

The Lakers haven't been playing to the same quality as previous years, but there are still contenders. The fact that they haven't been playing has hard may help them in the playoffs. They have proven themselves to be a team that is capable of stepping up and winning big games on the road. As long as they are in the playoffs then they can still make a respectable run for the championship.

If the Lakers can make it past OKC then I'm not worried about anyone else. OKC is the toughest team to beat. You cannot slack up when playing them.

You have to admit Sessions brings hope. If everyone does their part its not impossible. The only contender is OKC and we all know how Russell Westbrook is in the Finals. He can put up big numbers all year, try to be the hero in the finals and turnover the ball more than anyone.

Oh believe me, I wouldn't be dumb enough to deny tha Sessions definitely is bringing some much needed juice to the Lakers. But I'm not convinced he'll do that in seven game series continuously.

I was about to write this same message. Any team that has arguably the best player of the past ten years on it, will be a championship contender. However, he can't do it alone, but with Bynum playing to his potential and Gasol playing well, they might just make another run.

I was about to write this same message. Any team that has arguably the best player of the past ten years on it, will be a championship contender. However, he can't do it alone, but with Bynum playing to his potential and Gasol playing well, they might just make another run.

It'll be sort of sad to NOT see Derek Fisher as part of that though. He's been such a known face to the Lakers for so long.

No, the are not.

When they let Odom go at the first of the season, that really hurt them.

I wanna say no.. But when you have Kobe on your team you have a chance. Not to mention Paul and Bynum. Lakers problem is that they can win on the road, and unless that changes in the playoffs they will not contend.. But you just never know.

Back