What's new

Late to the Party?

Han

;)
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
As usual, I am late to the party and have only just ordered a form of the PS3. Better late than never, right? :p
BUT - I got the 500GB Slim and...
it comes with The Last of Us :derpclap:
I ordered it this morning and it should arrive Thursday.

I also want to get Red Dead Redemption soon, but for this thread I want to know your opinions on the PS3 and what games you would recommend. :)

It really depends on what games you enjoy. But I recommend the Uncharted series (don't do what I did and start with the third game, start with #1 then move onto #2, THEN #3), NieR is an amazing action-RPG, and at the moment I'm playing Risen 2: Dark Waters, which is a pretty cool pirate-themed RPG.

Ah, I saw the Uncharted games in the catalogue, a quick summary sounds pretty good - I'll look into that.
I'll also take a look at the other two, they sound awesome.

Uncharted series was pretty good. And yes start with the 1st game.

Uncharted games all of them, BF3, CoD on depending which ones you want or will play regularly, GT5, GTA: IV (if you really want too or wait on the next series for GTA V. If your into football or racing any of the nfs or fifa 13, Infamous 1 & 2 (pretty cheap on shopto last time I checked) fallout 3 (last time I played twas a bit laggy might still be). Quite a few, but I'm sure you will get round them. I'm pretty sure you'll get round to playing these in time anyways. Just a quicky how come the ps3 why not wait until the 4 comes out?

Uncharted games all of them, BF3, CoD on depending which ones you want or will play regularly, GT5, GTA: IV (if you really want too or wait on the next series for GTA V. If your into football or racing any of the nfs or fifa 13, Infamous 1 & 2 (pretty cheap on shopto last time I checked) fallout 3 (last time I played twas a bit laggy might still be). Quite a few, but I'm sure you will get round them. I'm pretty sure you'll get round to playing these in time anyways. Just a quicky how come the ps3 why not wait until the 4 comes out?

Meh, I've always been behind anyway, but I'd rather have the PS3 for cheaper - plus the PS4 won't play PS3 disks and The Last of Us was the main game I've wanted a PS3 for. :p

Can you write a small review on The Last of Us?

I know what you mean (as in ps3 discs) btw how much may I ask?

Shopto are doing a bundle with 500gb slimline the last of us and GTA V pre order ?209.86

(I know your's is all ready on it's way)

[MENTION=1713]fords8[/MENTION] It came early - yesterday in fact. I should finish the playthrough today so I'll write a review a bit later on. :)
[MENTION=331]Briscoe[/MENTION] Jeeeeesus - that is cheap haha! I'm doing ?277 because it's a catalogue and a sum paid weekly, but the cheapest I had found in one was ?223.

I'd rather pay out that little bit more to not have to be out of pocket in one shot. :p

Uncharted is good, I've only played 2 & 3 though.

I would say get GTA V on pre-order :p

Not really sure what else to recommend as I play more games on my PC.

Maybe try Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider. I've played those 2 on PC and enjoyed them both, not sure how they play on PS3.

Also it depends on what kind of games you like.

[MENTION=1713]fords8[/MENTION] It came early - yesterday in fact. I should finish the playthrough today so I'll write a review a bit later on. :)
[MENTION=331]Briscoe[/MENTION] Jeeeeesus - that is cheap haha! I'm doing ?277 because it's a catalogue and a sum paid weekly, but the cheapest I had found in one was ?223.

I'd rather pay out that little bit more to not have to be out of pocket in one shot. :p

I'd recomend Shopto any day of the week to anyone. Plenty of people I know use it aswell every game I've pre ordered from them has come early hopefully they will ignore rockstar and send me that early aswell :p.

Back