What's new

Leaving for a while...

Gannet

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends,

At Midday I am leaving home to stay at our local hospice where I will have a rest and so my carers and family can have respite care. Alexxa has been watching over me almost constantly while I was gone near-suicidal, caused by a horrible neuro pain blocker Gabapentin which I am having to slowly withdraw from. If there had been a bed at the hospice sooner, I'd have gone by now, but now there is, I will be staying there at least a week before going to Switzerland for further precautionary treatment using nano gold particals. Though I am on remission from acute lymphocytic leukemia, and my prognosis is good, I can't take chances.

After Switzerland my family and I are going on a cruise starting 18th June until 5th July. Yaay - no more cooking for a while, though Alex and Fiona my younger girl has been doing most of it, bless them. So I will see you when we get back. In the meantime you take care, okay? Have a great time here at Confab-It, enjoy yourselves at this very lovely forum.

All the best! :)
Huggs,
~Rachel

I'm sorry to hear this Rachel :( I really hope you make a swift recovery and wish you all the best!

Thanks Pandemonium and Lauren. Mum is nice and comfy now at the hospice where I think she'll be alright. :)

I visited mum today quite early to find her really chipper and cheerful. She'd taken her coffee machine so as to get her espresso on waking - haha typical! :D But her staying at the hospice means all the pressure is off me and mum's carers, because respite care really is that cool.

Back