What's new

Lets talk Menopause

focadima

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
My 2 sisters (older) had hysterectomy surgery and Mom doesn't talk much about personal stuff

I think things are slowing down for me :)

I have recently skipped a few months --or went 6 or 7 weeks between--
I am so excited!--except for the fact I have no clue when it will show up

any thoughts-suggestions?? How long might it act this way before I see MONTHS without my period??

THis can go on for YEARS
I had mine skip a few months, then came back spotty, then it went away for just one day under a year (If you go a year you are done so they say) I was one day away--and back it came-
then it went away for 6 months--then came back and has now decided to cycle normal.
Go figure---I thought this was pretty easy---and yes, it is hard not knowing, but beforehand you will probably get the same feelings you had before (though that can happen and nothing occur) but usually, you will have your moods before hand (if a symptom before) Heavy breast feeling or just a lump like feeling, and that is a clue it is returning.
Again, back to normal for me--not sure for how long--and I can say I am not thrilled about it
The worse part is while it is away--there are a few times where you might just feel spacey or air headed--it is an odd feeling--I had that happen right before it came back--it did the same thing the last time--just these quick flicks of air headiness
So good luck
if in doubt talk to a doctor--they might be able to help you --I hear there are blood test to help (I have not gone to the doctor, just my yearly physicals--at the last one the nurse told me that I was done seeing how long--but she was very very wrong!!)
Good luck

yes focadima, my mom had this for YEARS...literally years....it drove her nuts...and the hot flashes really drove her nuts...I felt so bad for her. She ended up taking premarin....this was back in the day before they decided HRT was bad for you. I would agree w/KM and speak to your gynecologist to be sure.

No hot flashes for me--my mom said menopause was nothing memorable for her--no issues that she can remember--LOL

OMG! Years?!?!? I'm 41 and I want to be done. Have not started but I sure as heck do not want it dragging out for years. What a bummer.

I'm always HOT then I get my friend twice a month. Ugh can't wait til it's over. I've just been drinking soy milk. It helps with some chocolate sauce and some coffee at times.

I had hysterectomy at 24, no periods since then, but they left my ovaries in. Dr. confirmed I was starting menoause about 3 years ago. I've had the hot flashes, mostly at night, and sometimes I really want to slap some peeps, other than that no big deal, unless you're the one getting slapped....:lol:

fuzzy I was getting them about every 3 weeks
then this pattern started

fuzzy I was getting them about every 3 weeks
then this pattern started

Ditto!

Is this the wrong place to say ISO $2 Stayfree coupons? PLMK if any one has some that they will not be using.

Every two weeks for me too. Once in a while I'll go for about six weeks without then back to every two weeks. Has been going on for well over a year already.

:hiya: surgical menopause here. It blows quite frankly...IMO easing into it would have been better. The insomnia was the worst part for me.....which lasted for years. The hot flashes have only come on in the last couple of years. Since I'm generally freezing I am usually layered up (sweaters in the AC!) so when they hit I'm vicious!

good luck to you and go get some Viactiv or other calcium supplement NOW if you aren't already taking something!

I am 36 and have been getting hot flashes every single night. AC on and I still have to use the ceiling fan. Not sure about periods as I have the Mirena, so no periods in over 3 yrs. hot flashes last for about 30 mins. I know my mom started right before she was 40.

Back