What's new

long lines at security at Ohare airport

kmjlovesjesus

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Had to take my son to Ohare---he was flying USAIR_-and there are never any lines
Today--the line to get through the security terminal was over 1.5 hours.
My dh said it is going to get worse---that this is just the beginning.
He thought it is because of the cuts that are to be made.
My ds has to travel all the time for work--and we have NEVER seen lines this long for going through security. The people all around us were saying the same thing. The workers said get use to it, this is bad-and we fear it will get worse.
So be prepared if you are flying--allow a lot of time to get through security!!!

That is too bad...I haven't flown since 2003 and probably won't anytime soon. We can only pray this issue will get resolved quickly by congress.

It's a very small cut and the House tried to make it painless but the Administration would not hear of it. They even passed alternative cuts and flexibility. I bet the Administration is purposely telling the TSA to make it really painful for travelers.

That is what dh thought--that they were doing it on purpose to show us what it will be like if people don't jump in and have a fit!!

my sister and husband flew out of raleigh this morning, they got on the plane a minute before the doors closed. They were told that their luggage may not make it and that they wouldn't deliver it to huntley where they are staying (too far from Midway). my sister lost it because her funeral clothes were in her suitcase. They did end up getting their luggage on their plane but geez....

Back