What's new

Looking for recommendations for TOWELS

boolieju

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Preferably somewhat inexpensive. We've been married ten years and the towels we have are from our wedding shower!! Needless to say, they are like using non-terry kitchen towels!

Any decent ones out there that anyone knows about??

Kohls carries decent towels... and they have their Kohls cash deal going on right now...

I LOVE the Kohl's Towels. I like "The Big Ones". I finally just phased out my wedding towels from 13 years ago!!! :lol: They're not the best ones, but work for us! Can get a big one for $3.99 and get discounts on top of that!

Can't help you. I don't do cheap towels. I'd eat ramen and hot dogs all week before I gave up my luxe plushy plush sweet **** towels.

Do you have more patience than money?

I bought new towels for my downstairs bathroom last year. You know those $10 off any $10 purchase coupons JCPenney just mailed out? They send them several times a year. So I bought $10 worth of towels/bath mats, and did several transactions. Something like one bath towel and one hand towel was $10.50 on sale, and since it's a store coupon it reduced the tax. My OOP for several transactions was less than $5.

I think JCP towels aren't the best quality, but I thought what I paid made it a good value.

Do you have more patience than money?

I bought new towels for my downstairs bathroom last year. You know those $10 off any $10 purchase coupons JCPenney just mailed out? They send them several times a year. So I bought $10 worth of towels/bath mats, and did several transactions. Something like one bath towel and one hand towel was $10.50 on sale, and since it's a store coupon it reduced the tax. My OOP for several transactions was less than $5.

I think JCP towels aren't the best quality, but I thought what I paid made it a good value.

That''s really clever! Good for you!

That''s really clever! Good for you!

:bowing: (they're not the greatest quality. must be short staple cotton; very lint-y. but ok for the downstairs bathroom)

Costco has pretty nice towels. If not, Meijer has pretty decent towels.

I'm a fan of the Kohls Big ones towels too. Every now and then you can find them for $2 a piece. In the last 6 months, I have found them twice at that price.

Bed Bath and Beyond often has clearance towels---sometimes VERY nice--- that you can get cheap with their unending barrage of 20% off or $5/$15 coupons. I like white towels b/c you can mix and match easily and they never fade.

Thanks, those are all good ideas!! If I did want to splurge, are there any recommendations for that?? (Maybe I'll get one or two and hide 'em from the rest of the family!!)

For spendier towels I like Royal Velvet (10 years ago; I'm not sure they're the same company/product today)

Don't use fabric softener; it reduces absorbency over time. If you think you need softener, try a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle.

I'm interested to see what brands everyone else likes :bee:

Back