What's new

Man found alive after two months trapped in snow

Mr.Rogers

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A Swedish man was dug out alive after being snowed in to his car on a forest track for two months with no food, police and local media reported on Saturday.

The 45-year-old from southern Sweden was found on Friday, emaciated and too weak to utter more than a few words.

He was found not far from the city of Umea in the north of Sweden by snowmobilers who thought they had come across a car wreck until they dug their way to a window and saw movement inside.

The man, who was lying in the back seat in a sleeping bag, said he had been in the car since December 19.

"Just incredible that he's alive considering that he had no food, but also since it's been really cold for some time after Christmas," a rescue team member told regional daily Vasterbottens-Kuriren, which broke the news.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/man-fou...ped-in-snow-20120219-1tgtn.html#ixzz1nD38BqVE

Attachments

• swede169-408x264.jpg
    swede169-408x264.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 34
I imagine he managed to melt some of the snow for his water source, but this is still an incredible story. The human body can do amazing things to stay alive. Perhaps the cold weather slowed his metabolism to the point where he could survive on zero calories for such a long time.

It takes an incredibly mentally stable being to do such a thing. Wow!

I heard that on the news.
My first reaction was: he probably had to drink his own pee.
I forgot he was surrounded by snow... :p

I can't believe he didn't freeze to death! This is an amazing story. It just goes to show how strong a person can be. He probably never gave up hope and resolved to live.

What a boss. I wonder how/where he took poops at & what did he wipe with??

The human body can go months without food if you have water (he had plenty) and a way to keep warm. Very cool story.

VinnieG, =))))))))))))))))
But seriously... that's amazing, I don't think I make it that long.

Back