What's new

Maui, need ideas to do with kids

beanmenow

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
After 2 years of no vacations bec of young baby, we are going to Hawaii!, I'm so excited and scared at the same time. My baby is 18 months old. Need ideas and advice for long plane ride and activities in Hawaii age appropriate. Hubby will not use any baby sitters.

Any recommendations for restaurants or places your kids liked? We've been there a loooong time ago before kids.

We're staying 2 weeks in a condo from our timeshare. Getting car rental free from my visa points. Condo free from timeshare, just paid exchange fees. Got $1000 off on Airfare. We're gonna shop at Walmart and get breakfast and lunch to cook. Going out for dinner using visa gift cards.

I'm hoping to price match diapers there. Wonder if there's even a Kmart there. Hmmm.

Any ideas and advice would be appreciated!

If you have Costco membership it provided great savings on food & gas.

Congrats on your vacation. Sounds like a lot of fun. Never been there, so I cant give any advice. Have a great time.

Barb you think of everything! Unfortunately unless there is an empty seat, he is a lap baby. Lord help me. Is it bad I want to give him baby Benadryl? Believe me, if there's an empty seat he's sitting strapped in a car seat like when we go up north. I just couldn't afford another seat. 12 hours to morocco!? Omg that is loooong!

Lifesavers! You're funny. He's never had candy but I'm sure he'll love it if i gave it to him. I don't know about getting him hyper, thinking of making him sleepy:lol: he still takes 2 naps, so fingers crossed. It might be a long flight, so it's good we go to Dallas first to give him time to run around for 1 1/2 hrs.

congrats to you on your vacation!!!! What side of Maui (there are two main areas). I will ask my friend (she has gone twice this year with her kids) for ideas on where to take the kids.

congrats to you on your vacation!!!! What side of Maui (there are two main areas). I will ask my friend (she has gone twice this year with her kids) for ideas on where to take the kids.

We're on the west side by kaanapali. Landing in Kahului so grocery shopping there.

no advice, but you can take me with instead of the baby!:lol: just kidding! My DH and DD would watch him for you! again, I kid!:lol:

We're on the west side by kaanapali. Landing in Kahului so grocery shopping there.

That is the side that I stayed on. My friend stayed on the other side. I will ask though to see if she has any ideas.

Back