What's new

Mindy McCready Committed Suicide

eiramnoaj

It's certainly much better to kick **** than to be
PF Member
Reaction score
Aside from seeing her on a few award shows, I really had no clue who she was. I did read the headlines about her bf recently and saw this just now on AOL headlines. Very sad - so young & with two young children. How was that not enough for her?

http://www.theboot.com/2013/02/17/m...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=271812

Several news outlets, including FOX and E! News, are reporting that Mindy McCready has committed suicide. The country singer's best friend confirmed to NBC reporter Andrea Canning that she shot and killed herself Sunday (Feb. 17).

This news comes more than a week after the 37-year-old was released from a treatment facility for alcohol abuse. She had also undergone a mental health evaluation after family members questioned her ability to care for her two sons, 6-year-old Zander and 10-month-old Zayne. The late singer-songwriter was 10 days into her 21 day outpatient treatment, following the Jan. 13 death of her boyfriend, and Zayne's father, David Wilson.

She JUST got out of inpatient care.....and was left unattended with a gun.

She committed suicide with it.

Try this song: SOoooo fun even if you aren't really a country fan. We TOTALLY knew who she was. The last several years of her decline have been VERY sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmtxVR8p5sA

I am youtubing her songs. "10,000 angels" was amazing too.

Too bad there weren't 10,000 angels watching over her that night :pout:

Just listened to both songs - she had a lovely voice.

I still can't get past the fact that those two young children weren't enough for her to stay alive. I know it's a simplified view, but still. :pout:

I know...I went and read more news...the youngest is under a year old :pout:

Mental illness takes that away

The youtube comments say she killed her dog and then herself? But I am not finding that on the news.

I know...I went and read more news...the youngest is under a year old :pout:

Mental illness takes that away
Not just her mental illness, but the gun.

She previously attempted suicide in July 2005, overdosed in September 2005 and slit her wrists again in December 2008.

She survived those attempts.

Once she had access to a gun, no option for survival.

That is so sad...and so sad for two young children who will grow up without their mother...prayers to them.

So very sad. People who choose a gun to commit suicide with want to make sure they succeed.

This is very sad and I feel horrible for those kids, but honestly if she was repeatedly trying to kill herself that is no life for kids to live. I pray they are now in a stable home and get all the help they need to get through this.

Just read her boyfriend died a month ago (??) - father of her youngest son.... apparent suicide too, gunshot wound, but they were re-investigating...

very sad, she finally accomplished what she has been trying to do for a long time now.

Two sons left without a mother (and father.) Unstable life to begin with, pray it improves for the two young boys!

Back