What's new

Mom's Gift

Alyth

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Three boys wanted to get their mother her 70th birthday gift, but none of them could agree on just one thing. So, they each got her one gift.

The oldest son said to his siblings, "I got the best gift. I got her the house of her dreams. It has four rooms, one for each of us and a large master bedroom for her. A large backyard with a surrounding fence. And I got her a maid to help her with her chores and house work."

The middle son replied, "Nah, I got her what she's always wanted. I got her a limosine and a driver to take her where ever she wants to go. She could go to the grocerie store or even to get clothes and have some company along the way."

The youngest son said in a proud voice, "Neither of you got her what she really needs. I got her a parrot to talk to. He knows the bible verses back and forth and has a very large vocabulary so he can talk to her. He comes with a stand, food and any accessory needed for the life of the bird."

Later on, after they gave their gifts to their mother they each received a phone call from her.

She called her oldest first. "Thank you very much for the house. That is such a nice big house, but I am happy here, and I don't need to live in such a large place. I'm too old to take care of such a place, but thank you very much anyhow. I can't take it."

She calls her middle son, "Thank you very much for the wonderful car and driver, but I rarely go out driving anyway, and and I don't need a driver to take me anywhere when I mail order most of my clothes, and the
supermarket is just around the corner. That was very kind of you, but I can't take this."

She calls her youngest son last. "Thank you very much. That was the best gift I ever had! I can hold up my flowers with the stand. I have food for my bird feeder, and that was the best chicken I ever had!"

------------------
Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Back