What's new

Music in other languages?

Bazinga!

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Do you ever listen to music in another language other than your primary language spoken in your home? 

I'm from the U.S.  I listen to an industrial metal band from Germany, they're called Rammstein.  They have sung a couple of songs in English and they've sung a song in Spanish (if I'm not mistaken), but they mostly sing in their native tongue of German.

I listen to plenty of Rammstein too, in addition to Juan Gabriel (who sings in Spanish), my archangel. :)

Then there's a song by George Michael that's sung in French that I really like.

No, but k-pop was huge at my high school, and I heard it even if I didn't want to.

When I listen to a song, I want to be able to understand what is being said and I wouldn't like to listen to music in a language I am completely unknown to unless it has a very catch tune to it.

I listen to English, Telugu, Hindi, Japanese songs from time to time.

I only really listen to songs in English. I like some songs that have a bit of spanish in it, I'm actually listening to Front & Center by Joey Bada$$ at the moment and it has quite a bit of spanish words

I listen to Rammstein as well. I first found out about them from MTV Download Festival I think it was. I really like 80s hair bands.

I listen to plenty of Rammstein too, in addition to Juan Gabriel (who sings in Spanish), my archangel. :)

Then there's a song by George Michael that's sung in French that I really like.

I listen to Rammstein as well. I first found out about them from MTV Download Festival I think it was. I really like 80s hair bands.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that listens to Rammstein. They've been a favorite of mine for a long time.

Also, I like to listen to Lacuna Coil. They're from Italy and even though they sing mainly in English, they do have at least one song in Italian that I know of.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that listens to Rammstein. They've been a favorite of mine for a long time.

Also, I like to listen to Lacuna Coil. They're from Italy and even though they sing mainly in English, they do have at least one song in Italian that I know of.
I will have to check out Lacuna Coil.

Lacuna Coil is a really good band if you like gothic metal (they also have a little bit of some classical music mixed in but you'll notice if you listen to them).

I listen to Japanese rock and Japanese pop music, Korean pop music and some Thai music. I am an anime fan, and I enjoy listening to anime OS and ending songs. Aside from being an anime lover, I am also into Korean pop music, and I love Kpop:)

I enjoy listening to Japanese and Chinese ballads as well as Kpop.I also like Spanish love songs.I may not understand the lyrics but I just enjoy the melody and the rhythm of the song and sometimes it's more relaxing.Especially if you are brokenhearted, understanding every word of a song might just make you cry all over again.Appreciating a foreign song also feels light and refreshing.

I pretty much only listen to music that is in English. Some songs I've listened have parts in Spanish.

I always listen to music in another language, especially what is in top ten. I also listen to local music. I listen all kind of music while I am working on my PC.

I've been hearing a lot of K pop songs. and they really have good music even though I can't understand asingle word.

I had listened to so many K-pop songs due to both of my sisters loves them so much, they even go to some convention centers where people would giveaways lots of freebies, K-pop freebies. I'm not really into k-pop music, but I was forced to listen to them.

I love a lot of Japanese music, but to be fair I do understand a decent amount of Japanese. If I focus and think about it I can pretty much understand the lyrics, but the rhythm and beat that Japanese artists produce is more up my alley regardless of language. I also have a lot of English covers of Japanese songs :closedeyesmile:
I went through a Basshunter kick in high school too!

I do if I can understand the lyrics. Otherwise it sounds like a bunch of gibberish, and even if the music itself is good I can't listen to that.

And wow, I didn't know Lacuna Coil is an Italian band. I actually listen to some of their music.

Back