What's new

My 4th of July cookies

gruvychic

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I think they turned out pretty good. Really happy with the soldiers and then I had so many stars I experimented with a few different ways to decorate. I think I like the plain ones the best. The flag ones were a lot of work and I don't do straight lines very well. And the star in star, I need a small star cutter or something to give me a guideline for piping the center. I don't do a freehand star very well either. But overall I'm pretty happy. I did the buttercream royal. Not bad. Only problem I had was when I thinned it for flooding, it got this white stuff where I think the crisco in the icing separated a bit. Then I figured it out and used hot water when thinning the red and that turned out much better. It actually looked kind of cool for the blue though for these cookies...almost like a denim. DH keeps saying "that's an aweful lot of work for cookies", but I have fun making them. I'm a crafty/creative type person and don't seem to have time/outlet for much of that anymore.

P7010093.jpg

P7010094.jpg

P7010096.jpg

P7010097.jpg

P7010099.jpg

P7010101.jpg

Holy cow! You gots da skills to pay da bills girly! :hiphip:

Those army guys are incredible!!!

Those are flippin adorable.... BRAVA!!

kewl! I love how you did the camouflage!

omg so cute--love the camo--I made some yesterday, I will have to post as soon as I plate them!

The one army guy in brown is cuz I ran out of green with one soldier left so we're calling it desert camo. If I'd left him plain he could be the UPS guy. lol

The one army guy in brown is cuz I ran out of green with one soldier left so we're calling it desert camo. If I'd left him plain he could be the UPS guy. lol

UPS guys can be yummy too! :giggles:

Those are AWESOME, gruvy! LOVE the camo!!! :bliss:

NOT trying to invade your thread :)

here are mine--and my Ds' ( ds are the t-shirts)
P1100526.jpg

P1100531.jpg

Very cute and patriotic!
smiley-flag-1.gif

WOW! Those put my grad cookie hat cookies to shame! You are so talented.

Back