What's new

My sons injury. Warning It is gross

kjjone

I drop F bombs like mice drop poop.
PF Member
Reaction score
So my son was trimming the bushes on Monday and the trimmer jumped on a branch and caught his hand. Went to immediate care and they said I had to go to the ER 7 stitches later

this is the picture I took on the way to immediate care

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/194443_4637144216586_1631500008_o.jpg

This was the next day

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/204474_4645961477012_690925677_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/175024_4645964917098_1600442556_o.jpg

Oh ouch!!! Hold old is he? My DS (almost 13) trims our bushes..............mebbe I shouldn't let him.

he is 15. Actually just turned 15 on Sunday.

I would recommend him wearing gloves. My son should have been wearing them and wasnt.
He was also trimming a thicker tree branch

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure he wears gloves from now on. I'll show him the pics of your son's hand if he gives me a hard time. :snicker:

Is your son able to write ok?

this happened to his left hand and he is right handed so luckily that is not an issue.
He is for the most part ok and not in any real pain

Ouch! He's lucky he didn't lose a finger!

Hope he's feeling better!

I highly recommend leather work/garden gloves when using any dangerous equipment.

Knit, cotton, or canvas won't protect you as much from sharp objects.

Hope your DS heals completely.

ETA: Don't forget eye protection as well as hearing protection when using loud equipment.

OUCHHHHH! Thank GOODness it wasn't worse :)

EWWWW. Poor kid, was that his "writing hand"? I hope he has a swift healing process.

When I was a kid I cut the tip of my middle finger off by getting it caught in the door and it had to be sewn back on. Not fun!

I was really hoping I could find the pictures of my middle finger taken the morning a nice portion of my fingerpad was taken from me by a large and merciless porcelain figurine in the garbage can.

Note to self, do not use hands to push down garbage to make room for more.

EWWWW. Poor kid, was that his "writing hand"? I hope he has a swift healing process.

When I was a kid I cut the tip of my middle finger off by getting it caught in the door and it had to be sewn back on. Not fun!

Thankfully not his writing hand.

They had to numb him and the numbing was wearing off as she out the last 2 stitched in. I felt bad for him but the pain of the stitch was less than the burn of the numbing solution so he chose to suck it up.

I was really hoping I could find the pictures of my middle finger taken the morning a nice portion of my fingerpad was taken from me by a large and merciless porcelain figurine in the garbage can.

Note to self, do not use hands to push down garbage to make room for more.

eek. the things you learn by accident.

I feel his pain, I cut my right index finger with a meat slicer when I was 18. Had 25 stitches in and out. Heal with a scare but I'm fine. Make sure he cleans it really good.

Poor Kid hope he feels better soon. That just made me want to cry to look at those photos!

I feel his pain, I cut my right index finger with a meat slicer when I was 18. Had 25 stitches in and out. Heal with a scare but I'm fine. Make sure he cleans it really good.

Holy cow 25 stitches. He only has 7

Poor Kid hope he feels better soon. That just made me want to cry to look at those photos!

thanks. he is all good. not really in a ton of pain and soaking the injury to get out of chores

This reminds me of when I almost chopped my finger off with that Cuisanart (sp) wand! Ouch Hope he is doing ok.

Back