What's new

New laptop!

Danielle

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
I'm posting this from my brand new laptop! :) It was a present to myself as I've been saving forever. I got an open box laptop from Best Buy, meaning that it had been opened and returned (within a week). It works great so far and there appears to be nothing wrong with it, but I got a really good deal on it! It's an HP Pavilion g7 and it has a 17.3in screen with a 640GB hard drive/4GB RAM. I got it for $300.

After having my old Dell for 5 years (which was a good laptop by the way), this is nice! It's cool having a bigger screen and a faster processor. The only thing that sucks is it's running Windows 8.

Windows 8? Do yourself a favor and load up Windows 95 on that machine instead. It's almost 12 times better than Windows 8, anyway. :p

Why does everyone hate Windows 8? I haven't used it myself.

I have Windows 7 and the amount of bugs and issues (99% related to wifi) I've had are ridiculous. Thank god Google has been around to help :p

Because people want to hate something, so might as well hate what other people hate.

Justin Bieber
Nickleback
Windows 8
Windows vista
etc

TL;DR; People are sheep and only hate things because the internet told them to hate things.

Woah, we're not all bandwagon hopping sheep! I legit don't like Windows 8. I can't find anything and some of the navigation settings are ridiculous! Such as this one for example: Open my most recent app when I swipe from the left side of my keypad. I'm left handed, so I swipe from the left side more often than not, so I'd be right in the middle of doing something and all of this crap would open up. The navigation is just bad in 8 period.

Because people want to hate something, so might as well hate what other people hate.

Justin Bieber
Nickleback
Windows 8
Windows vista
etc

TL;DR; People are sheep and only hate things because the internet told them to hate things.

Windows 8 is alright on touchscreen machines. It's not very intuitive on regular computers though, imo. It just feels clunky. I liked Vista, but I do prefer 7 now that I've gotten used to it.

Well, that didn't last long. :( Laptop crapped out and won't connect to the Internet. Had my cousin who owns a computer shop look at it and it appears to have something wrong with it. Taking it back in the morning. On my phone for now.

Well, that didn't last long. :( Laptop crapped out and won't connect to the Internet. Had my cousin who owns a computer shop look at it and it appears to have something wrong with it. Taking it back in the morning. On my phone for now.

That sucks. :/ Hope it gets sorted.

Yay sorted! :D

As for Windows 8, I found so many things I hate about it ;_;

[MENTION=2]Lauren[/MENTION], have you ever used eightforums? I found the info there really helpful, especially on how to customize Windows 8 and make it more bearable.

I don't know anyone who likes Windows 8 tbh because it's just too complicated and all over the place. It's ridiculous that most new laptops have it pre installed; people should have a choice. I'm sure you could download Windows 7 somewhere though. :)

Back