----------------------------
http://www.moonsee.com

It's my opportunity to learn from the best
smile.gif

My knob tastes funny.

"Hi!"
smile.gif

Alien's infinite wisdom has allowed me to become a new mod to this forum, and I thought that as an Overlord maybe I should let you all in on a bit o' myself, especially some things that are specific to this forum.

Music, where to begin...well, in the 4th grade I took up the trumpet, and I played that all the way thru High School. I gave it up in college because the University of Rochester's Eastman School of Music was a little too intimidating. I couldn't see myself playing with those students, they were too good for me - or conversely I don't think I'd ever be good enough to play with them.

My commercial music tastes are quite eclectic. In the 80's I listened to everything - Def Leppard to Huey Lewis, Ozzy to A-Ha, AC/DC to god knows what. All I know is that when the local radio station here in Rochester has their 80's Flashback Weekend, that's all I listen to.

The 90's was a great decade musically. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden made "grunge" a household word, and gave a lot of so-so movies some wonderful soundtracks. As grunge faded away, the trend in the late 90's towards pseudo-retro songs & bands (I'm thinking along the lines of Ben Folds Five and even Semisonic & Fastball) filled the void nicely. As we start a new decade, I'll be up front and admit that the bubble-gum artists - Britney, Christina, N'Sync, the Backstreet Boys - are not a trend I enjoy. I do however enjoy newer artists like Nine Days and Creed.

I like nearly everything...jazz, pop, country, classical, modern, industrial...my CD collection is as eclectic as my tastes.
smile.gif

Well, I think that's a good start, don't you all? I hope maybe this post will get some others to think about some possible thread topics. Feel free to post a reply or to post a new topic!

My knob tastes funny.

hey poss, did a-ha ever make a second album? i swear they did, but nobody believes me and i can't think of the name of it.

"it's easier to stay out than get out"

Back