What's new

News papers or magazines?

TeeGee

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Peak Coin
My dad was almost addicted to reading new papers daily and I usually picked up a few after he must have finished reading them to also read as well. Mom was never a new paper person in her words "newspapers were too boring" but she always gets a lifestyle magazine from the book store every week and she loves her magazines.

Do you enjoy reading the newspapers or would you settle for the magazines anyday.

This is a tough choice to make. When I am looking for fashion trends, I pick up the magazines since they offer better insight on what is trending in the fashion world. As a fashion enthusiast, I prefer magazines to newspapers anytime and anyday.

I prefer magazines way more than newspapers as I grew up regarding magazines that had celebrity news in them and enjoyed entering competitions as well. I think newspapers are just boring and a very outdated version of media that society has moved away from. I don't actually know of anyone that reads the newspaper.

I prefer magazines way more than newspapers as I grew up regarding magazines that had celebrity news in them and enjoyed entering competitions as well. I think newspapers are just boring and a very outdated version of media that society has moved away from. I don't actually know of anyone that reads the newspaper.
Lol, boring is quite a derogatory word to use on something that brings you up to date news, but I wouldn't want to seem bias I don't really read newspapers but I buy a couple of magazines sometime though.

If I'm being very honest about this, I don't like reading either newspapers or magazines. But if I'm forced to read one, I would like to pick magazines. This is because it's got more pictures to enjoy watching.

I was addicted to magazines in my teenage years..
From Hints Magazine to Hearts magazines and I saved my snacks fee to buy them every week.
I miss those days. So its Magazine for me

My father worked as a journalist, he brought home a lot of managing and newspaper regularly. I grew up reading News Week, Time and Economist (magazines) and International Heral Tribune, New York Times, and a few other local newspapers. Magazines are for in-depth analysis and newspapers are for news and views.

My father worked as a journalist, he brought home a lot of managing and newspaper regularly. I grew up reading News Week, Time and Economist (magazines) and International Heral Tribune, New York Times, and a few other local newspapers. Magazines are for in-depth analysis and newspapers are for news and views.

I learn a lot of new words and the meanings by reading newspapers. I liked and looked forward to reading newspapers every weekend.

When I was younger I used to love grabbing magazines for things like music where it would have all the latest news and goings on from the music world in but slowly, magazines started to die out and the internet started to get more and more of the stories and I eventually stopped buying magazines and started reading everything online. My dad used to be the same, he would always get the evening newspaper or the weekend newspaper but once things started getting made available on the internet, he stopped getting them.

Both are quite useful. Newspapers can be local so you'd get highlights of what's in your area. Magazines are a certain niche. I don't read the newspaper too much anymore; too depressing & they hardly put anything uplifting in them lol I read magazines more such as Birds & Blooms, Family Handyman, etc. Those that would be beneficial for my life.

Back