What's new

NFL Hall of Fame

Prox

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
I watched the NFL Hall of Fame inductions today and I have to say that it was really cool to see all those great great football players assembled on the stage. I got goosebumps watching all of them introduced. Then came the Class of 2000. I have been a 49er fan my entire life and seeing Ronnie Lott and Joe Montana inducted was great.

----------------------------
uh yeah . . .

Prox a 49er fan...and I was just getting to like you.
blah.gif

When I was growing up, my brother was a big 49er fan and I was into the L.A. Rams back in the 80's, so we were always going at it.

I do have to say, though I hated the guys when they were on the field, Montana and Lott are really classy guys...No drugs, killing, holding out for mo money.

Most of the players now only think about the money and fame, not thinking about the fans or the game...

So in my mind I was booing them but my heart and words gave praise to these guys who loved the game for what it is, and not what it could do for them.

Don't worry Prox, I still respect you.
supergrin.gif

cool.gif

" I'll take 'the-rapist' for $200, Alex "

Hmm the LA Lambs, oops you mean the LA Rams. I guess the tables have turned now. Oh well I guess I will just have to suffer through some bad years.

You are right about people who play for the game not for the money. It is those people that I respect the most. For example Jaylen Rose just signed with the Pacers with out taking to any other teams. Also Jerry Rice took a pay cut to stay with a team that he knows isnt going to do that good.

uh yeah . . .

The other side of the coin is that many players who stick with one team their entire career aren't rewarded with the same loyalty that they tried to exhibit.
Patrick Ewing can be considered one of these, but the reality is that it's not really certain whether he can benefit the team by being there.

I am Jack's raging inflamed colon. Jack applies ointment daily to supress my fury.

Back