Nintendo DS

red barron

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
This is the best handheld EVER
does anyone else have it?
its new fetures enclude: online and mp3s/movies

Yeah I got one, got it the day it came out. Most new features havn't been used much yet, but I heard of this one game, it's a bunch of minigames, but one minigame is you have a sailboat and to get it to move you have to blow at the microphone. (like wind)

My friend Mark bought one recently. From what I've seen, it's amazing

red barron said:
This is the best handheld EVER
does anyone else have it?
its new fetures enclude: online and mp3s/movies

Im waiting for PSP, it's going to have online and movie capabilities as well..but I prefer sony games over nintendo.

chezzoh said:
Im waiting for PSP, it's going to have online and movie capabilities as well..but I prefer sony games over nintendo.
Aww, but Nintendo is such a classic gaming company. I hope they never get overrun, but it is bound to happen sometime. Sony's & microsoft are already past the drawing boards for a post-xbox, post-PS2 consol system, and I presume it will merge more & more with computers until the gap that separates the two will be ever so small.

chezzoh said:
ok the DS is doing online and and and! the "movies" are crap! why would i spend twice as much money to watch a movie on a 4 inch screen?
the memory sticks cost like 40$ and can only hold 10 or less songs

dont look so strong now !does it?

inhuman4 said:
Yeah I got one, got it the day it came out. Most new features havn't been used much yet, but I heard of this one game, it's a bunch of minigames, but one minigame is you have a sailboat and to get it to move you have to blow at the microphone. (like wind)
feel the magic xy/xx
i got it, its awesome!

red barron said:
ok the DS is doing online and and and! the "movies" are crap! why would i spend twice as much money to watch a movie on a 4 inch screen?
the memory sticks cost like 40$ and can only hold 10 or less songs

dont look so strong now !does it?
it does if you prefer sony games, as he said he did.

i can't say i'm a big fan of the thing. it's big, bulky, and totally uncomfortable. however, i do enjoy playing mario 64 on it

red barron said:
why would i spend twice as much money to watch a movie on a 4 inch screen?

Convergence. Carrying one device around that does 4 or 5 things versus carrying around 4 or 5 devices that each do one thing.
It's the same reason people pay more for a home computer than a console + dvd player + calculator + webTV + stereo + typewriter + etc.

The best handheld ever, hands down, is the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Nintendo's DS fails in comparison. If you don't have one, buy one off eBay. They sell for c.$30 with some great games.

It had a GREAT fighting game library, a KILLER LCD screen, and the best portable Sonic Game ever made.

If it weren't for that Sonic game, I never would have bought it.

Diesel said:
Convergence. Carrying one device around that does 4 or 5 things versus carrying around 4 or 5 devices that each do one thing.
It's the same reason people pay more for a home computer than a console + dvd player + calculator + webTV + stereo + typewriter + etc.
all the new games are sports games ( :no: ) and i could get almost every game on it on a PS2. the only different game is metal gear asid! i stragity(sp) card game! oh boy i cant wait!

Since you were quoting me, what does that have to do with anything I said?!?
You asked why people would pay for a device to watch movies on a 4" screen. I gave some valid reasons.
What, at all, does that have to do with games?

wrong.

red barron, you said:
'all the new games are sports games :)no:) and i could get almost every game on it on a PS2. the only different game is metal gear asid! i stragity(sp) card game! oh boy i cant wait!'

Wrong. maybe you should do some research on psp's new games, yeah?

~Z~ said:
red barron, you said:
'all the new games are sports games :)no:) and i could get almost every game on it on a PS2. the only different game is metal gear asid! i stragity(sp) card game! oh boy i cant wait!'

Wrong. maybe you should do some research on psp's new games, yeah?
and metal gear as!d:)

hmmm...

just got Mercury for psp. that thing is awesome.

ummm...

well basically you gotta guide your blob of mercury by tilting the level with the stick. you use O and square to turn the camera and L1 and R1 to zoom in and out. Its a simple concept but highly innovative. i've honestly never played anything like it before. By tilting the level your goal is to guide your blob through many obstacles to get to the end of the course. however, this isn't always simple. some creatures will eat your blob, some towers will fry it with electricity, where as some will just crush it.
there are 3 level modes, percentage, where you must complete the puzzle without losing a certain percentage of your blob. Race, where you must complete a course in a strict time limit and task, where you must hit multiple pads to light up becons around the course, a maximum of 6.

the puzzles get hard fast and really require skill and there are 72 levels in all, plus unlockables high scores and a 2 player mode.

Wow then maybe I should ask my friend if I could borrow his but if its as good as you say he might not let me.

Back