What's new

Nobody Want to Work

Jason2022

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Why is this the case? Shouldn't people be ashamed? Nonetheless, though, it's really tough to afford the gas to get work now - and also to pay living expenses. How can a fast-food job supply that?

I often wonder why some do not want to work, I would much rather work than live off the government, I prefer to have that sense of "I earned this" over it being given to me.

I understand that some people can not work for health reasons and that is a completely different scenario, those who can work but refuse, more does need to be done about those. If there are barriers in the way eliminate them.

I think all the endless media has made people lazy, I rather not work as well, but I need the $$$$ to afford stuff.

Oddly enough, fast food isn't hard work. The problem is people aren't in physical shape. The other reason is they don't know how to deal with slow time.

I remember when I wasn't in shape. The Burger King job seemed like hell, but now I'm in shape, my Taco Bell job is a breeze.

By my own experience, I have contradiction with that saying that "people don't want to work"
People wants to work, but the low paying jobs are scarce these days. Things cost more money and companies expect to hire people for the same miserable salaries from 10 years ago and then blame on people that don't want to work. I don't have any problem at all in getting people to work when I am hiring or getting a job done.

Of curse, there are always people that don't want to work. But that is NOT the majority of people.
I feel there is a hidden agenda that propagates that sentiment, that, "if the government help the people, then people don't want to work."
There is a bigger hidden problem when the government pays more than the open market can afford and I think it is done purposely initiated by governments themselves.

As natural as it is, if you have multiple choices, you will go with the more convenient for you. So the real problem is why in the world companies can't pay more to
their employees???
So, that's the real problem, not the people.
That's my point of view.

By my own experience, I have contradiction with that saying that "people don't want to work"
People wants to work, but the low paying jobs are scarce these days. Things cost more money and companies expect to hire people for the same miserable salaries from 10 years ago and then blame on people that don't want to work. I don't have any problem at all in getting people to work when I am hiring or getting a job done.

Of curse, there are always people that don't want to work. But that is NOT the majority of people.
I feel there is a hidden agenda that propagates that sentiment, that, "if the government help the people, then people don't want to work."
There is a bigger hidden problem when the government pays more than the open market can afford and I think it is done purposely initiated by governments themselves.

As natural as it is, if you have multiple choices, you will go with the more convenient for you. So the real problem is why in the world companies can't pay more to
their employees???
So, that's the real problem, not the people.
That's my point of view.

People argue that paying people more will just up prices on other stuff, making for a bad cycle. I think everything needs to come down in cost so job payments can get people to places.

Definitely I think some medical/disability complex exists, just like with prisons and the the military. In fact, jobs and profit is tied up with keeping a segment of the population out of work

I think we just have to disable all systems that would make people not want to work. But at the same time build a system that would encourage people to wants to work

I think these days a lot of people are no longer willing to work due to the low pay they get. With the cost of living in today's economy, no one wants to overwork themselves just to receive peanuts.

Back