What's new

OK, Even ZOOM-Boy Has A Complaint.

JoeChartreuse

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
As many know, I hold Zoom to be at least equal to ANY mfr. out there. Unfortunately, I ran into a MAJOR klinker. I have at least 6 different all-Beatles discs, but was missing ( due to damage) one of the few Beatles songs that I actually sing- "Can't Buy Me Love". I normally sing it from DK-1, but I cracked the disc, and the backup was one that was in a binder that was stolen. I figured Zoom would be a good replacement, so I ordered it.

Tried it tonight. Much as I love Zoom, they actually brutalized this song. Godawful. Ameri-sing actually did a terrific job by comparison.

Just lettin' folks know...

ouch I hate it when that happens...hope you find a GOOD replacement soon Joe

I love some Zooms and don't like others. I had presumed they would be great on Beatles and bought several--ended up replacing with SC--very muddled over-orchestration or something--maybe because the originals were so imprinted in my mind it made any variations very jarring. I couldn't even figure out what song their "Here Comes the Sun" was from listening to the first part. SC you know on the first note. Zoom Beatles disappointed me. Boyfriend loves Zoom Billy Joel, however. Especially as they have "This Night."

DannyGKaraoke said:
The Amerising version is actually KJtools.

Sorta-kinda. KJ Tools was bought out and became SuperCore. These are actually mfr. compilation discs. In other words, there are several different mfr. versions included in the collection. This was done under agreement. Though there are many Ameri-Sing tracks included, many more are not ( unfortunately, this goes for AMS 4001,4002, and 4003 beatles tracks). Though some Ameri-Sing logos appear with the titles, most titles show no logo. The SuperCore collection also includes some DK, Legends, All Hits, and other versions. BTW- the All Hits versions of White Rabbit, Wonderful World, and PBTDL are, IMHO, the best out there ( that's if ther really is a "best" version of that gagging PBTDL). Not a bad Paranoid either....

there is no good version of PDBTDBL...when we were disc based we could say "that song is scratched sorry" sighs and looks back at the good ole' days

Sorry, Athena, beg to differ. The GEM series version is the best out there that doesn't require the baseball monologue to be done by the male. other than that I would agree with you.

sorry Danny my intense dislike for that song (and a few others) in karaoke prevent me from liking ANY version...maybe if I ever heard anyone sing it instead of scream it...I might change my mind ; o )

DannyGKaraoke said:
Sorry, Athena, beg to differ. The GEM series version is the best out there that doesn't require the baseball monologue to be done by the male. other than that I would agree with you.
The monologue is the funnest part of the song to do. The All Hits is the best version for that, but do have the Sound Choice & musically it's a little better however I haven't seen a version yet that gets the ending right where the guy & girl is singing over each other two different lines. I do list both versions one says 'with play by play already recorded' and the other says 'you provide play by play'. When it does get done, most pick the version to do the play by play themselves.
When done right this song can be a very good pick me up on a slower night. I have several couples that do this one on occasion & they nail it. Others, not so much but again it's rare that it gets done.

Joe because you have the original disk couldnt someone help you with a backup copy?

Also most pirates figure the DK library is fair game because they are gone.

Also I have seen single D.K.s on e bay for about 20.00

dave said:
Joe because you have the original disk couldnt someone help you with a backup copy?

Also most pirates figure the DK library is fair game because they are gone.

Also I have seen single D.K.s on e bay for about 20.00

I guess so, but how do I show the broken disc, AND prove it's MINE on the forum? Plus I like the way the originals look on the table. Add to that, I still have 2-99, and missing one grates on me. Lonman pointed me to E-bay link, but I am going to the brick an mortar tomorrow. The place has been around since karaoke hit the U.S. and the owner may have one somewhere. If not, then E-bay.

Back