What's new

Okay, what's your favorite type of game?

How should I go about this?

• They're family. They have to be in the wedding party.

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • It's your decision. If you don't feel close to them, it's enough for them to be guests.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alien

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
So which is it?

I prefer classic gaming myself. I can't get enough of classic games and emulators. Then I'd have to say FPS, then RPG, then RTS.

How about YOU?

Hmmm .... 'minesweeper' ... probably it is only game ... I think so ...

I love simulation/sports games. The others just do not thrill me.

I like them all really.
I kinda got tired of most RTS games because they all basically play the same way. I like some of the custom maps on WC3 a lot though.

I like FPS for what they are. The more stragety involved, the better. Quake doesn't do much for me, but Counterstrike and Battlefield: 1942 are great because of the teamwork element.

I also love RPG's because of the DungeonMaster in me. :lol:

And I'm also a fan of most sports games too.

Fighting games (the early Mortal Kombat series, SF2... not really into the new 3D fighters though)

Puzzle games (Chu-Chu Rocket, Bust-A-Move, Puzzle Fighter, Bejeweled)

Sports games (the NBA Jam / NFL Blitz style ones, not the hyper-realistic ones)

I mostly play the FPS games, although I like sports games a lot, espicialy the really realistic ones. Im with dan on the FPS games though, the best ones are the ones with more stratagy and team play, I stopped playing counter strike as it became more quake like then team work

I like RPGs, racing games, and platform/adventure games. My favorites are:

RPG: Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Racing: Midtown Madness 3, Gran Turismo 3, Project Gotham.
Platform: Jak and Daxter
Adventure: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I also like simulations, my favorites being SimCity 4 and The Sims.

I like a handfull of games types. RPG like Baldur's gate, Fighting games like soul calibur, FPS, like jedi knight, duke nukem or even turok.

I've also like puzzle games, mind games, side scrolling games like mario (older one), Card games, Things to occupy my mind but not something to get really involved in is sometimes all the game I need. I like those hoyle games, The animations are cute but simple and there are a lot of games that come in the packages.

I chose RPG's though for this vote cause right now if I'm going to get into a game, I've been enjoying the action RGP's like baldur's gate the most. :D

I picked FPS cuz i'm a Halflife/Q3 nut.. been playing Enemy territory none stop.

however.. the last couple weeks i've been slaving over Rise of Nations (RTS).. really cool game.. good hybrid of Civ and C&C ish game

FPS. All of the new one are great. Multiplayer. Battlefield 1942 and Road to Rome, Medal of Honor AA and Spearhead, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and ENEMY TERRITORY is Great (and free). Even Single Player with these games. Can't leave out UT2k3. and even though it isnt multiplayer, Unreal II. Awesome Graphics! Doom III is going to be a must buy game. The alpha demo has been (secretly) out for almost a year. It isn't hype, Its real. (secret note: if you have a file share program look for doom iii)
I will post the console commands for using the game in a seperate thread if anyone has an interest. The alpha demo is approx. 364 mb.

I'm looking forward to HL2 a lot more than Doom 3. HL had such a great plot behind it, and that sense of story is a lot more appealing to me than the simple shoot 'em up style that id games have. They just throw a rudimentary storyline behind their games that has no real bearing on the game itself.

RTS is my favorite. Long and intricate. Does anyone have any new titles? I'm bored with Empire Earth these days.

Games

I love computer games. I prefere the adventure games like the old KingsQuest games.....the exception being the last one of Mask!! Still have that one to finish.

I like puzzle games, card games, collapse, bejeweled which are mostly braindead games that work when I just need something to zone out on. And of course the old Taipei games from the 286 days!! :lol:

Games in the works at the moment are Exile and Law and Order and only about 30 others.. :embarass: I really need to get a life.. :lol:

Erm, I'm "other" - older classic arcade games for me, but most of all Tomb Raider. Duke Nukem 3D rocks, too, though it's a 1st person shooter. I like the Myst series, and The Sims

FPS, because of Halo and Medal of Honor: Frontline.

I also like Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

And I also like sports games like Amped and some football games. To me there hasn't been a great nfl game since NFL 2K2. I've played 2K3 and madden 03 and 04 and they all stink... nfl 2k2 all the way!

:bloons2:

definetly rpgs! but i'm there with enigma-x... totally love those classic arcade games, too. those are especially great when you just have a couple minutes but REALLY want to play some games.

but currently i'm playing animal crossing, final fantasy tactics advance, pokemon crystal (this is the first pokemon game i have EVER had!!), and i am almost done with ffx (it would be nice if i could get a chance to play the console games once in a while, but bf always gets to them first. so i play my gameboy...)

My pick

My favortite would be RPG, then RTS, then FPS. I love gaming of all sorts really. But my big thing is immersion in teh game environment. I can't wait til VR gear becomes widely available and commercially affordable. Then I will be in heaven when it comes to gaming.

Scott

Back