What's new

Our cats no longer catch the rats!

Stardom22

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
ln my country most people keep cats mainly for the purpose of the catching and getting rid of the rats. However of late most cats don't catch rats instead they steal away the small chicks and eat them up. What do you have to say about that.

I say they are lazy for not taking care of the rats but to go after the chicks? Sounds like the cats need to be penned up or given the boot.

Sometimes cats can get tired of hunting the same thing and will instead look for something else to hunt. In this case, it seems they chose to switch to the chicks.

You can prevent them from targeting the chicks by disciplining them when they go for them.

I don't know which species of cats would refuse to hunt for rats and lizards. The cats in my grandpa's house don't want to see rats and lizards. They would give a hot chase and eventually kill them.

In my country, domestic cats are not usually used to hunting rats, I think strays do, anyway, you don't see many rats in the country where I live, maybe in my whole life I have seen about 20 rats in the street or somewhere else.

Back